HASA How-tos - May 2010
Release Date: 11 May 10
Category: General Announcement
Keeping track of stories you read and really like is easy. Find out how to save them to your favorites and update the bookmark after you've read another chapter.
How do I...
...save a story to my favorites and update the bookmark?
Of course you can just bookmark a story in your browser, but there are also two ways to bookmark a story on HASA itself: Save to Favorites and AddThis.
AddThis is available to all readers, and lets you print a story, bookmark the page, email the URL, or link it to a service such as Facebook, Twitter etc.
On every story list and every Reader Toolbox, you will see a bright orange button with a plus sign on it. This is the AddThis button. How it works:
- Hover your mouse over the button.
- A pop-up window appears with various options (print, bookmark, send to..., etc.).
- Click on the option you want.
Save to Favorites is available when you are logged in, and saves the story to your Library on HASA. This means you can get your story list no matter what computer you are on because it is part of the site, not bookmarked on a particular computer. Your Favorites list is available on every page of the site in a drop-down list at the right hand end of the site header.
To save to favorites:
- Go to the Stories section of HASA.
- Click on either the overview or any chapter of the story you want to add.
- In the Reader Toolbox that appears at the top and the foot of these pages, click the button that says "Add Story".
- The page refreshes and the story is added to your list.
- If you are on the Overview, the first chapter is bookmarked. If you are on a specific chapter, that chapter is bookmarked.
For multi-chapter stories that you have already Saved to Favorites, you can update your bookmark to set it to a new chapter by using the Set Bookmark button in the Toolbox in the chapter you are reading.
And that's all there is to it!