The Song Of Sunset
The Song of Sunset is a set of stories set in the same AU. While some of them hold true to canon, the rest digress from it. It is the tale of the Noldor Royal House as told by the scions of the House of Finwe;. From Fingolfin and Maglor in The Journal arc that is set in the 1st Age, the tale is taken up by Elrond and Galadriel in the Song of Sunset arc set in the Second age and onwards.
This story forms the basic framework of the Sunset plot.
Set in Gil-Galad's court at Lindon. A lonely, young Elrond Half-Elven is trying to find where he belongs. He doesn't care a whit about Gil-Galad's attraction to Erestor Maglorion until he discovers during a sunset that he desires Erestor. The doom of Finwe continues to haunt its scions. Galadriel emerges as a major political player of the Second Age, with her nephews ruling in Lindon and Eregion. But Eregion happens and in its aftermath, Elrond is forced to admit that mere infatuation did not scratch the surface of his regard for Erestor. Elrond must choose between loyalty and love even as Galadriel seeks redemption for her fallen house. Unwilling to yield an inch to each other, they hatch intrigues, unlikely alliances and ruthless plans in a battle of means and ends.
The laws of the Gods cannot rule the passions of our hearts.
Warnings, Assumptions et al.
- This may contain a lot of mistakes on the punctuation side of things.
- It is recommended to read The Song of Sunset before you read the Journal arc.
Warnings: homosexual content, heterosexual content, graphic sex, infidelity, unholy matrimony, rape, violence, wars, tragedy, character deaths, AU.
Canon: The Silmarillion.
Original characters introduced:
- Carnilótë: Maglor's wife. Bears him a daughter and a son(Erestor).
- Menelwen: Maglor's daughter.
- Aldor: The chieftain of a human settlement near Eregion.
- Vanima: Daughter of Ingwion; granddaughter of Ingwë.
- Anoriel: Daughter of Amdir, sister to Amroth of Lorien.
- If I remember the rest of them, I'll come back and update. Leaky bucket memory.