Forum: Research Questions

Discussing: Barahir (grandson of Faramir)

Barahir (grandson of Faramir)

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, so if it isn't, O Modly Ones, please let me know (after more than a year as one of FA.Org's Orwellian Mods, I am not sure about how plebes are supposed to behave ^_-).

Anyway, as for the matter of the post itself: I am currently writing a fic in answer to the "Eowyn: Heroine or Deserter?" challenge, and I have chosen to use her grandson Barahir as the PoV character.

This is not exactly a question, but rather a request for opinions/suggestions on this particular character and whether or not do you feel my choice works. I tend to test the waters a bit before my ideas are set in stone, because writers are often not the best judges of their own work, so your input would be much appreciated.

Schnoogles,

--AM

Re: Barahir (grandson of Faramir)

Delighted you're entering this challenge - there aren't enough entries and perspectives in this one.

I think this would be a very interesting character to choose, since it could be both family and political history. Looking forward to reading this a great deal.

It sounds like a great device to tell a story. Whether it works or not depends on what you do with it.

Don't worry about the mod squad, for the most part they are easy to get along with. Just don't be too whiney or contentious.

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, so if it isn't, O Modly Ones, please let me know (after more than a year as one of FA.Org's Orwellian Mods, I am not sure about how plebes are supposed to behave ^_-).

Anyway, as for the matter of the post itself: I am currently writing a fic in answer to the "Eowyn: Heroine or Deserter?" challenge, and I have chosen to use her grandson Barahir as the PoV character.

This is not exactly a question, but rather a request for opinions/suggestions on this particular character and whether or not do you feel my choice works. I tend to test the waters a bit before my ideas are set in stone, because writers are often not the best judges of their own work, so your input would be much appreciated.

This could work very well. As soon as I read this I thought of all the material he might have access to, especially Eowyn's recollections. And would she have a tendency to minimize her deeds, or to exaggerate them? And where would Barahir get the information to discern The Truth? Most thought provoking.

Although we can certainly continue this conversation here, you may get more feedback and speculation in the 'Challenges' Thread, rather than some of us geeks looking for new information/questions.

I will take the liberty of transferring what's here to Challenges and see if we can't stir something up among those challenge junkies!

Lyllyn

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Research Questions

Stories linked to the forum