Forum: Research Questions

Discussing: Ring of Barahir

Ring of Barahir

OK, kids, citation time.

I know that the Ring of Barahir is the ring that Finrod Felagund gave to Barahir, became an heirloom of the house of Isildur, was ransomed back from the Forodrim by the Dunedain, etc. I know that Elrond gave the ring to Aragorn when he revealed Aragron's true name and ancestry to him.

Now, somewhere in the back of my brain, I recall that Aragorn gave this ring to Arwen as their betrothal gift, but I cannot find a citation for it. I've read over the Tale of A&A, and didn't see it. So, if somebody else knows where this is lurking (or may disabuse me of this incorrect memory) I would be deeply appreciative.

Someone? Anyone? Bueller?

Re: Ring of Barahir

I remembered this too, and thought it was in 'The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen.' Sneaky devil, it's actually in The Tale of Years!
"2980 Aragorn enters Lórien and there meets again Arwen Undómiel. Aragorn gives her the ring of Barahir and they plight their troth upon the hill of Cerin Amroth."

Lyllyn

Re: Ring of Barahir

Mucho gracias, darlin'!

OK, that establishes a few factoids for me. Enough to hang a plot twist on.

Toodles - Ang

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Research Questions

Stories linked to the forum