Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: Mother's Day

Mother's Day

I posted this as a discussion topic but realized it really belongs here

How about the relationship between two mothers in raising their kids? Among the ones I can think of are Eowyn/Lothiriel, Arwen/Eowyn, any of the hobbit wives of the Fellowship [Rose/Diamond/Estella].

Or the relationship between a woman and her mother-in-law? Rose, Diamond and Estella would be interesting with the complex hobbit relationships. How about Arwen and Gilraen talking about Aragorn as a boy growing up in Rivendell before Arwen met him?

RiverOtter

Re: Mother's Day

Sounds good to me. We don't get much in the way of woman-to-woman talk in LOTR or the Silm. It'd be great to see these sorts of intergenerational discussions or conversations between mothers.

Do we have takers?

Oh, this is interesting!

I'm in!

Starlight

I thought we might hear from you, Starlight. So that's one hand.

Are there others? Come come, Middle-earth moms only get one day a year, you know! ;-)

I thought we might hear from you, Starlight.
You knew I could not resist this one ;-)

Some prompts I've come up with:

(Mothers/Mothers-in-law)

-Earwen and Indis
-Amarie and Earwen
-Luthien and Elwing
-Morwen (Turin's mother) and OC Mother-in-law (I'd *love* to see this)
-Lobelia and respective Mother-in-law (oh, a classic!)
-Almarien and Erendis
-Finduilas and DM (winks at Dwim)
-Could we do Nimrodel and Galadriel? (if we go with that version)
-Elfhild and Morwen

Plus all of RiverOtter's great ideas.

This sounds like a lot of fun.

Starlight

Just FYI, a couple MIL names, since you probably didn't have them handy when you posted: -Lobelia and respective Mother-in-law (oh, a classic!) Lobelia Sackville-Baggin's mother-in-law is Camellia Sackville, whose parentage we do not know. -Morwen (Turin's mother) and OC Mother-in-law (I'd *love* to see this) Morwen Eledhwen's MIL is Hareth of the Haladin, daughter of Halmir of Brethil. Have fun! - Barbara

Thanks for providing the missing names, Barbara. And, would you be interested in writing either of those stories? Thank you so much. Cheers, Starlight P.S. So exciting, this is my first post at the new site!

Thanks for providing the missing names, Barbara. You're most welcome! I've spent a long time working on genealogies of Tolkien's characters, and they come in handy occasionally... And, would you be interested in writing either of those stories? Sorry to disappoint you, but no... not my cup of tea. My creative juices are off in another direction... whenever I can get them flowing again, that is. P.S. So exciting, this is my first post at the new site! I love the new look and feel! - Barbara

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges