Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: ATTN: Not-Quite-Spring Cleaning

ATTN: Not-Quite-Spring Cleaning

Hello everyone, This is a reminder from the August Challenges Bulletin: Prospective Challenges has a number of nuzgûl that didn't quite get the five pledges they needed to become challenges. Some have been entered by their breeders into the Hutch, but others languish there, unloved. *sniff* Therefore, to make these bunnies easier to find, and hopefully encourage people to adopt them, Dwim will don her hazmat suit and take a mithril-twig broom to them in the next two weeks and sweeping these poor lost nuzgûl into the Hutch, provided their breeders are not averse to this. If you do have a nuzgûl at Prospectives that didn't get five pledges, please contact me if you prefer not to have your nuzgûl entered into the Hutch. Or if you prefer that your nuzgûl go to the Hutch, Dwim would love you forever if you dropped it into the "Suggest a Story Idea" form for her. Thank you!

Re: ATTN: Not-Quite-Spring Cleaning

Ok, spring cleaning is about done. For those of you who have proposed challenges that didn't get the requisite five pledges, please take a moment to go through the Hutch and make sure your nuzgûl is as you wish it to be presented. (I recommend sorting by date created to bring up the latest nuzgûl.) If it is not, contact me. For some of you, and I name them here, I changed the title for the sake of clarity. Please let me know if you object to the title change and I will switch it back or change it to whatever title you prefer: Lyllyn: "Two Narsil Questions" has become "The Passing of Narsil", because my own Narsil question, which was included in this nuzgûl, had been independently entered into the Hutch already. Marta: "War in Rohan Post-Helm's Deep"—the nuzgûl seemed to be suggesting a specific kind of war, so I altered it to read "War of Succession in Rohan Post-Helm's Deep". Also, "Pacifism in Middle-earth"—I know you were looking for a more accurate title. I've put it under "Otherwise-Minded", because you seemed to want a story about people who disagreed with their rulers' decision to make (or refuse to make) war.

Marta: "War in Rohan Post-Helm's Deep"—the nuzgûl seemed to be suggesting a specific kind of war, so I altered it to read "War of Succession in Rohan Post-Helm's Deep". Also, "Pacifism in Middle-earth"—I know you were looking for a more accurate title. I've put it under "Otherwise-Minded", because you seemed to want a story about people who disagreed with their rulers' decision to make (or refuse to make) war. Both of those are fine. Thanks, Dwim! Marta

*phew* Glad you approve. Thank God for Rhode Island or I'd have been at a loss with the Pacifism one. Speaking of which, have a most interesting book rec for you... check e-mail in a bit.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges