Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: re: Saruman's death- then what happened?

re: Saruman's death- then what happened?

I would love to see a story of what happened to Saruman after the grima murder. His spirit looked to the West- - the cold wind came and blew his spirit away...and it dissapated- ***BUT- was that really the end of him, as a personality? Did he really deserve the similar fate as Sauron, to be rendered a formless - or non-existent- spirit? Was he turned away by the Valar ?- that is what it appears to me. Would that render him into nothingness? If you think so, then you most likely would not be interested in this, as a challenge. I don't see the Valar "throwing him away" so to speak. He might not have been ready to be allowed back - but I seriously doubt they would have destroyed him totally. If you see another angle - then - please- share your creativity! Love to see this get a few treatments... Milly

Re: Saruman's death- then what happened?

LOL! I started a story about his a long, long time ago. Ironically, I just gave away the bit I had written to start a round-robin elsewhere. It's an interesing challenge.

I think it was Eru that delt with Saruman at the end, I don't think the Valar have the power to do do that to one of their own. I suspect that he might be sitting in the Void somewhere, listening to Morgoth and Sauron argue.

I suspect that he might be sitting in the Void somewhere, listening to Morgoth and Sauron argue. That'd be an amusing conversation to hear... ~Allie

That'd be an amusing conversation to hear... "Oh, yes, and putting all your power into bits of jewellery is such a good idea, Sauron..." "Hey, you're a fine one to talk, He-Who-Arises-In-Might-And-Then-Falls-Flat-On-His-Face!" "Well, at least I don't let pint-sized things destroy everything I own..." "What about the small matter of this Beren chap? Or have you forgotten the scruffy guy with the pretty girlfriend?" "Yes, well, yours were more pint-sized than mine were. Beren was twice the size of that curly-haired midget." Man, I need to get some sleep...

Nooooo!!!!!! That'd be an amusing conversation to hear... "Oh, yes, and putting all your power into bits of jewellery is such a good idea, Sauron..." "Hey, you're a fine one to talk, He-Who-Arises-In-Might-And-Then-Falls-Flat-On-His-Face!" Just super. You've woken up my Morgoth Muse, and I'm not supposed to spend time writing fanfiction this month! -Arandil

That would be so funny to read. Someone definitely needs to write that!

I'm reminded of Cam's OFUM, and the neverending arguing of Sauron and Morgoth. And also Arandil's own Morgoth's Notebook... Ah, arguing Dark Lords. The fun, the terror... ~Allie

OFUM and Morgoth's Notebook are hilarious! I'm almost tempted to write something like that myself, but I don't think I will. *resists urge to write*

lol, CLF! Same here, except I lack the ability to write good humor. ~Allie

You write really well! I'm sure you could write humor. I've tried it before . . .the results were all right, but I know of people who can write humor much better then I can.

Thanks for the encouragement! Much appreciated, trust me. But yes: there are some who are just born to write humor well. ~Allie

You're welcome! My brother can make people laugh by doing the most simple things. It's kind of like a gift he has or something. I, on the other hand, can only make people laught occasionally when I write things.

Well, I actually started my fanfic career as a humor writer, but I think there are people out there far, far better than me. *mutters* I will not write it. I will not write it. I will not write it. Oh, damn. I will write the confounded thing.

Is that a **mutter** of commitment?? if so...what, six to go for an official challenge? great!! I think it would be interesting to see this done from a few angles... hope enough people will take this up... Milly

Nope, Milly: it takes just five pledges to get the challenge official. If Noldo has indeed volunteered, you only have four to go! If I may suggest, SSP this on the HA yahoo list, and you could get a few pledges that way. That is often the case with a challenge that is promoted there. If you have any questions at all, feel free to e-mail me ( I'm the new Challenges Manager). I'm very delighted that you're posting your nuzgul here! Cheers, Allie ;)

*Gives up resisting* I give in! I'll join this challenge, and do something humor related.

Yes, it's a *mutter* of irritated, beleaguered commitment. So you have two, apart from yourself.

Great!!!!! thanks guys!! ^_^ C'mon any others...you know you want it... Yes, it can be humor, drama, slashy , anything. Milly

Hi Allie! thanks for the good words and advice- very much appreciated!! so its five eh... OK, cool. so we have 2 others besides me- can I count myself??? if so only need three more... Milly

You _always_ have the freedom to be bitten by your own nuzgul, and to count yourself as a pledge. *scribbles three names* Milly, CLF, and Noldo... Any more takers? Cheers, Allie

OK..just two more... remember it can be any genre you prefer... I take this alarmingly seriously, so you know mine will be adult drama most likely... two more....!! Milly

Milly, you could try SSP'ing this one on HA. You can get pledges that way, sometimes. Always, Allie

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges