Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: "Word-of-the-Day"-Challenge!

"Word-of-the-Day"-Challenge!

How about a "Word-of-the-Day"-Challenge? Here you can find a word of the day with an explanation of its meaning and some examples and discussion to go with it. How about writing a piece of Tolkien-fanfiction that involves the "word of the day"? Just give the "word of the day" in the title and write - prose or poetry, elves, dwarves or hobbits, drabbles or longer pieces... Anyone interested? Yours Juno

Re:

Would it need to be written and posted that day, or would we just put the day and the associated word in a note? Karri

Re:

This kind of sounds like an exercise we used to do in a creative writing class I took in high school. Question: Would the piece be about the word or could it simply be inspired by the word?? Would the word have to be included in the piece?? I think I'll go ahead and say I'm in on this one...I've had enough practice at any rate! -Tárion

Re: Re:

Shame on me for not putting this on my e-mail alerts! Shame, shame, shame! OK: Here's back at "Word of the Day"-Challenge. I thought that the piece could be inspired by the word, but it could also simply contain the word... If it was only inspired by the word, maybe the title should have the word? And I think the story should be started at least on the day it was inspired by the relevant word of the day. But I am open to suggestions, evil Insta Drabbler that I am. And yes, shame on me, shame on me. So, anyone else interested in a "Word of the Day"-Challenge? *stares hard at members of Instant Drabbling Workshop and LJ Community* Yours JunoMagic

Shameless creature! Yes, I'll do this. One word will be a breeze. Allie

I will do it! Sounds really interesting. - Narwen

Re: "Word of the Day"-Challenge

Did I count correctly and that makes 5 takers, equalling 1 Challenge? Most evilly yours, JunoMagic

Re:

Hi Juno! Count me in! What do you want the closing date to be? ~Nienna

Done! The challenge and discussion are both up and running. - Kriti

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges