Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: Quickie Challenge: Party Time!

Quickie Challenge: Party Time!

Hey guys,

The other volunteers and I have come up with a new fun idea: Quickie Challenges. Quickie challenges are different from normal challenges in that you don't have to promise to write a story idea; you just write it, and if five stories are written the challenge will be made public. There will be one every time a month has five Sundays. I'll post about it wherever I post the weekly announcements, and in this forum.

The big difference is that, as the name suggests, QC's don't last for months. In fact they'll only run two weeks. Write drabbles, poems, one-shots, or anything else you have time to come up with in the time frame. I find it quite fun and liberating not to have to perfect something for months. And it's exciting to know other people are writing at the same time. 

Without further adieu, the quickie challenge.

Party Time!

September 22 is the date of Bilbo's and Frodo's famous birthday party. And September 29-30 is the night that Frodo, Merry, Pippin, and Sam spent in Bree. In honor of these two events, write a story that involves either a bar/pub/common room of some sort, or a party. Or both. Whatever else you want to include is up to you.

Deadline: October 17

Have at it! And do post to this thread when you've posted your story so we can all go look at it.

Re: Quickie Challenge: Party Time!

Quickie challenges are different from normal challenges in that you don't have to promise to write a story idea; you just write it, and if five stories are written the challenge will be made public. There will be one every time a month has five Sundays. I'll post about it wherever I post the weekly announcements, and in this forum.

This sounds like a fun idea, Marta!

I'm usually not that spontaneous and quick, but my muses have more than once overrun me unexpectedly, and perhaps some of them will bite with a few of these prompts...

I'm very much looking forward to how this new idea plays itself out.Blowin bubbles

Imhiriel 

I'll play!  What started as one drabble for another challenge has grown into a series set at the Prancing Pony.  I'll post tomorrow (when I'm not so tired).

Jay

Coolness! I'll look forward to it.  

Hee! Well if this particular idea does not bite, you will have a new prompt to look forward to every month with five weeks.

Of course, I know you can write drabbles, so you really have no excuse.... *winks*

Hee! Well if this particular idea does not bite, you will have a new prompt to look forward to every month with five weeks.

So shall I hope for many prompts about Hobbits, Dwarves, or Fëanorians, so there will be less chance I will get bitten?

Of course, I know you can write drabbles, so you really have no excuse.... *winks*

Okay, okay, I admit it will most likely be useless for me to try and resist for long, but must you rob me of my illusions Cry?

Imhiriel 

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges