Forum: Nuzgûl of the Month Forum

Discussing: Nuzgul of the Month May 2013

Nuzgul of the Month May 2013

The Nuzgûl of the Month May, brought to you by Tauriel: Flowers:

April Showers bring May Flowers; we just had weather, how about the effects? Flowers of love, flowers of mourning, flowers just because, flowers from a husband trying to get out of the dog house... Flowers being given, flowers being planted, flowers being trampled, eaten, painted, sung about...  Flower names perhaps? Literal flowers, imagined flowers, maybe jeweled flowers?

Happy writing!

Also, if you have an idea for the coming month(s), drop me a mail or post in this thread sometime before the end of May.

Re: Nuzgul of the Month May 2013

I have written a new tale for this challenge, but it has ended up being part of a longer story. How can I add it to the challenge, or should I write a new totally-unrelated story instead in penance?

*heh* Both, I think Laugh out loud You little devil!

Just add the story to the Challenge and put in an author's note...

"*heh* Both, I think Laugh out loud You little devil!"

I should have guessed that would be your answer. Oh well, back to the inspiration-mines...

There are inspiration mines?

*pouts*

Why did no one tell me?

Some people have muses- I have goblins in mines.

Singing goblins, at that.

Wink

Where there's a whip, there's a way?

You are now entirely to blame for my new tale- "Bellum Perennis"...

Why me???

I lay no crime upon thy doorstep, Tauriel- 'tis that wily Nath I blame... Wink

Who, me?  Who, me?

With the end of May rapidly approaching, I may have a late story over the weekend (provided the Muse is willing to put in some effort), so, umm, watch this space if you can stand the tension Laugh out loud

/bitesnails

*Paces in circles*

sssshhhh, you're disturbing the Muse...

On another note, do we have any suggestions for a June Challenge?

*tiptoes away and sets the Muse to work again*

I would happily suggest something, but after the failure to achieve lift-off of my last challenge I fear to...

Ditto here. Does anyone else feel like this site is rather dead? It just feels like there aren't that many people on here anymore, at least not actively. I wish there was a way to get more people into writing fanfiction...  If we really need an idea, how about Death? Or maybe absence, desertion... Roll eyes

I think this is a good idea...

Me too.

*resists temptation to include new theme in last month's story - which is coming along reasonably well*

and on the site being quiet - things are certainly not as busy as they used to be. I guess all the cool, new Hobbit-movie writers are hanging out elsewhere...

*goes back to writing, revising, writing, etc.*

You realize that all I am doing is passing on a few of my plot-bunnies? You little devil! I have a multi-page file with nothing but bunnies on it! If people like my rabbits, they are more than welcome to them! Nath, do you want me to make a new discussion for the June prompt?

and on the site being quiet - things are certainly not as busy as they used to be. I guess all the cool, new Hobbit-movie writers are hanging out elsewhere...

I did a bit of checking, there doesn't appear to be very much Hobbit fanfiction being written. I'm wondering if Unexpected Journey kind of put people off...  I actually just started a forum on the movie, if you want to come over and discuss the lack of Hobbit fanfiction...

Nath, do you want me to make a new discussion for the June prompt?

If you would *bows*

I did a bit of checking, there doesn't appear to be very much Hobbit fanfiction being written. I'm wondering if Unexpected Journey kind of put people off...  I actually just started a forum on the movie, if you want to come over and discuss the lack of Hobbit fanfiction...

I subscribed to the forum; I'll see if I can get my thoughts organised enough to let them out to play

The June Nuzgûl discussion is up!

Yay, I've managed to finish my May NotM well in time for June ROTFLMAOThe story just about manages to mention a flower, and can be found here: Elenion ancalima.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Nuzgûl of the Month Forum