Forum: Nuzgûl of the Month Forum

Discussing: Nuzgûl of the Month June 2013

Nuzgûl of the Month June 2013

Nuzgûl of the Month for June brought to you by Tauriel:

Death. Desertion. Disappointment. These three words can often be used together. But who died? Who was deserted? Who was disappointed? Was the one who died sad? Or were they glad to die? Was their life given in a worthy cause? Or squandered uselessly? What about desertion? Was there anger involved? Or was a seeming betrayal actually for good? Disappointment? Was it deliberate? Or an accident? Was the disappointment a small thing? Or was it a life changing catastrophe?

You can use all three words, or just one.

Happy writing!  You can post ideas for next month in this forum at the end of June.

Re: Nuzgûl of the Month June 2013

Nice. Better than what I had cooked up, anyway. To the thought-mines!

*looks at date*

Oh, I still have time...

I also have an idea for July, so if no one else has one, I'll be posting that sometime today (i.e. Sunday)

And here it is, even if it's only a drabble:

Naked

The waters leave him bodiless, naked in the Dark. For the briefest moment… a pull toward what he rejected many lifetimes ago; his answer now is as it was then. He rejects the call of Death.

Even were he so inclined, to heed that call would be desertion. Yet it whispers, even now, that Death would be freedom. Still, even if he would, he could not follow, for he is bound to his Lord, like his brethren.

He returns, and naked in the Dark, cringes before his Lord. He has, somehow, disappointed Him by even acknowledging, hearing, that other call.

*Applause**Applause**Applause**Applause* 

ROTFLMAO

YAY!! Someone finally writes something for the Nuzgûl!! 

Happy Tauriel!

BTW, very good drabble!

I will admit I left it a bit late, though Who, me?

So everybody, finish that late entry, and on with July. Let's make poor Turin happy!

I wrote something for this, but then worried it wasn't long enough. Is there a minimum length for monthly Challenges?

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Nuzgûl of the Month Forum