Forum: 2011 - HASA Birthdays

Discussing: March 2011 Birthday Cards

March 2011 Birthday Cards

Birthday folk: Is your birthday in March and you would be delighted by a little story gift from your fellow HASA members? Then state your request here in this thread. Create a birthday workshop story to collect your birthday cards in one place, and enter it into the 2011 Birthhday Cards Challenge.

Authors: Let yourselves get inspired by the suggestions - a chance to be creative and to make a fellow HASA member happy at the same time! And don't forget to add your birthday cards to the birthday workshop story the recipient of your birthday card has - hopefully - created.

In case you need help or have a comment, question or suggestion, please post it here or send me an e-mail - I'll do my best to help.

March, 6th - Agape: ...how about a nice Boromir tale for my b-day? A moment with Pippin perhaps in Moria?

March, 14th - Elena Tiriel: I adore the usual suspects: Elves, Rohirrim, the sons of Elrond Broken heart, Imrahil, Faramir... but also out-of-the-ordinary races, characters, viewpoints or situations....... A drabble (or ficlet or story or novel or artwork or doodle or play or song or..... anything Tolkien-y that tickles your muse) would be a real treat! ROTFLMAO

Or, do you possibly have some musical talent? I wrote a four-line sea chanty that I, *cough* "recorded" *cough*.... except, well, let's just say it sounds far more beautiful in my mind than what emits from my mouth. If you could take the recording and "transcribe" it into written music (and by "transcribe", I mean "clean it up", taking out all the cringe-worthy sour notes and embarrassing gasps for breath, and basically writing down what I meant, not what actually came out of my mouth.....) I'd be forever grateful! I'd love to include the actual musical notation in my author's notes -- with credit for the transcription to you, of course....

Re: March 2011 Birthday Cards

Sorry to be so predictable....

But - how about a nice Boromir tale for my b-day?

A moment with Pippin perhaps in Moria?

Hi,

My (39-and-holding-on-for-dear-life)th birthday is coming up on March 14th, and I'd really love a drabble.... any drabble.... if only to prove to my chronically AWOL muse that Drabbles Are Delicious! Rainbow

I adore the usual suspects: Elves, Rohirrim, the sons of Elrond Broken heart, Imrahil, Faramir... but also out-of-the-ordinary races, characters, viewpoints or situations....... A drabble (or ficlet or story or novel or artwork or doodle or play or song or..... anything Tolkien-y that tickles your muse) would be a real treat! ROTFLMAO

Or, do you possibly have some musical talent? I wrote a four-line sea chanty that I, *cough* "recorded" *cough*.... except, well, let's just say it sounds far more beautiful in my mind than what emits from my mouth. If you could take the recording and "transcribe" it into written music (and by "transcribe", I mean "clean it up", taking out all the cringe-worthy sour notes and embarrassing gasps for breath, and basically writing down what I meant, not what actually came out of my mouth.....) I'd be forever grateful! I'd love to include the actual musical notation in my author's notes -- with credit for the transcription to you, of course....

If anything strikes your muse's fancy, I look forward to seeing it! Thank you!

- Barbara

You had to go and mention those bloody Horse-Lords, didn't you?

;)

We are outnumbered, that is for sure, but by all the Gods we shall not be out-manned.

Yes, Freca was a fool- Helm even more so- but...

I am a warrior of the Rohan.

I must not let such thoughts distract me.

I parry a Dunlending blade with my shield and drive my sword through my attacker's face and move on, even as his dying shrieks echo in my ears like an entire choir of the damned.

I am a warrior of the Rohan.

Another foe lunges at me.

I am a warrior of the Rohan.

That is all that matters.

A "nice" tale is probably beyond me... but I'll try.

Oh, how delightful, Aruthir!

Yes, those bloody horse-lords, who have made being a doughty warrior an art form... where heroics are celebrated in their bardic tradition.

Too bad the reality is always harsher than the songs would have you believe....

I enjoyed this so much, Aruthir... thank you!

- Barbara

No problem, Barbara- it was fun slipping back into their mindset. One day I fear I will go the whole hog and write a Saga in verse about my story "Burning Son"... but until then, I hope you keep reading my works. ;)

Here, Elena Tiriel--a true drabble written for your birthday, if a bit late!  Yesterday's offering for the B2MEM challenges.

The Land of their Dreams

As he followed their guide beyond the Mering Stream, Eorl surveyed the grasslands granted to him and those of his people who had followed him south from the valley of the Great River.  Cirion of Mundberg had given these unto them in thanks for their aid against the enemies of the Stonelands?  How perfect for his people and their needs!

And Felaróf nodded his own head in recognition that this was indeed what the two of them had dreamed of for so very long—a land of their own where each might reign for what remained of his life….

Oh dear! I should really look at the home page more often!

Larner, this is a beauty! I love the fitingly archaic language of Eorl of the Éothéod, and especially the hint that both he and Felaróf had dreamt of leading their respective peoples to the Promised Land.

Thank you so much!

- Barbara

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to 2011 - HASA Birthdays