Forum: 2011 - HASA Birthdays

Discussing: November 2011 Birthday Cards

November 2011 Birthday Cards

Birthday folks: Is your birthday in November and you would be delighted by a little story gift from your fellow HASA members? Then state your request here in this thread. Create a birthday workshop story to collect your birthday cards in one place, and enter it into the 2011 Birthhday Cards Challenge.

Authors: Let yourselves get inspired by the suggestions - a chance to be creative and to make a fellow HASA member happy at the same time! And don't forget to add your birthday cards to the birthday workshop story the recipient of your birthday card has - hopefully - created.

In case you need help or have a comment, question or suggestion, please post it here or send me an e-mail - I'll do my best to help.

November, 1st - Cuinwen: My birthday is November 1st, All Saint's Day, which replaced the ancient Celtic holiday of Samhain, also known as 'Farewell to Summer.'  I would like tales fitting the November 1st holiday:  either recasting All Saint's Day into Tolkien's world (whatever form that might take) or reflections at the change of seasons.

Re: November 2011 Birthday Cards

My birthday is November 1st, All Saint's Day, which replaced the ancient Celtic holiday of Samhain, also known as 'Farewell to Summer.'  I would like tales fitting the November 1st holiday:  either recasting All Saint's Day into Tolkien's world (whatever form that might take) or reflections at the change of seasons.

Happy Birthday, Cuinwen!

I hope this little bit of contemplation by Amandil is to your liking:

Seasons

Today is Eruhantalë and thus the end of summer. The weather is as fair as it was yesterday, and will be fine for days, perhaps weeks.

Yet I feel no joy, not at the day and not at the weather. As I feared – and against my counsel – the King will not go up Meneltarma to offer Thanks to Eru.

Manwe's Witnesses fly high over Meneltarma, and as I glance up I feel a chill in my heart that the warm sun cannot dispell. Tomorrow I ride back to Andúnië. I can only hope Númenor weathers the storm that is brewing.

Hope this is what you wanted, Cuinwen. If not, just tell me and I'm sure my Muse will provide.

After enough of a beating.

Laugh out loud

I listen, but I do not hear.

The servant's voice is that of a buzzing insect in my ear.

Today is the Feast of All Souls, he tells me- the day when I am supposed to go about the land dispensing health and wealth and good cheer to my subjects.

Bah.

My hand twists this way and that in the last fading rays of daylight.

I marvel at Annatar's workmanship- the beauty of his gift is such that it changes with the hour- nay, with the minute, with the second.

Health and wealth and good cheer, indeed.

Bah.

Let them help themselves- Annatar's gift is all that matters to me.

It is beauty, and wonder, and health, and wealth.

It is mine.

My own.

My preciousss...

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to 2011 - HASA Birthdays