Forum: FAQs - Post your questions here

Discussing: Concerning Vampires

Concerning Vampires

...or at the very least, their mother, Thuringwethil.

I know it was her cloak that was stolen to help snatch the Silmarils back from Morgoth, but... is there any fanfic about her out there? I cannot find any on here... which of course has set my creative juices flowing. Please, before I write something already written, can someone play Obi-Wan to my Princess Leia* and help me out?

*Footnote: no, please, for the love of all that's good, do NOT imagine me in that gold bikini. I beg you...

Re: Concerning Vampires

There's some on ffnet, I believe, and on Stories of Arda, Armariel's Woman of the Secret Shadow.

Thanks, Nath! Can I offer you a drabble as a reward for your help?

You're welcome, but a drabble is always welcome  of course Cool! 

Then pick yourself a character and a theme! Smile

Húrin (First Age) - Hope

Aruthir's Note: I hope this is satisfactory, Nath?

"Aurë entuluva!"

The cry rings out over the field loud as summer thunder.

"Aurë entuluva!"

Húrin son of Galdor swings his axe left and right, cutting down orcs as if they were corn before the thresher.

"Aurë entuluva!"

For each one slain, however, another two join the fray- the host is inexorable and irresistible as the tide.

"Aurë entuluva!"

He cries out until his throat is raw, the axe slips from his grasp and he is overcome.

"Aurë entuluva!"

Even as he is bound and dragged away, he still croaks his battle-cry.

Aurë entuluva- day shall come again.

It must.

Aruthir's Note: And if the last drabble was not to your liking... then perhaps this one is. One hundred and fifty-nine words in all... one hundred of mine own and fifty-nine belonging to The Professor. That counts as a drabble, right?

"With my eyes thou shalt see, and with my ears thou shalt hear; and never shalt thou move from this place until all is fulfilled unto its bitter end."

Indeed I do see, and indeed I do hear, and indeed I shall not move from this terrible place and this terrible stone chair.

I see and hear all, and all is wracked and ruined by the prism of the Black Enemy's malice…

…but every day is a blessing.

Though my limbs waste through lack of use, though I am scorched by searing heat, though I witness miseries un-numbered, though I long to cry out for mecry…

I do not.

For every day I draw breath is another day closer to that end, bitter as it may be.

Aurë entuluva

And even so it came to pass; but it is not said that Húrin asked ever of Morgoth either mercy or death, for himself or for any of his kin…

Both very satisfactory, thanks Cool!

Glad to hear I met your challenge appropriately!

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to FAQs - Post your questions here