Forum: Bug Reports

Discussing: Fonts are too small

Fonts are too small

Greetings. I think the new site's default fonts are too small, and also not very readable even when magnified. It would be nice to be able to change them via a site setting. I know, of course, about ctrl-+, but I'd rather not have to use it. BTW, I don't have this problem with other sites (e.g., Google), so I suspect it isn't caused by my browser (Firefox 3.5.6).

Re: Fonts are too small

I found a nice solution to this problem. Firefox (and some other browsers) permit users to override many site characteristics by creating a usercontent.css file. In Firefox, this file lives in your profile's chrome subfolder. I used this file to change the default paragraph font for pages from Henneth Annun to Arial at 90% of its default size, using this code:

@-moz-document domain(henneth-annun.net)
{
p
{
font-family: "Arial", sans-serif !important;
font-size: 90% !important;
}
}

The thread "Using @-moz-document to customise sites in usercontent.css" at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=286866 has more examples of what you can modify and how.

BTW, modifications to usercontent.css take effect only after restarting Firefox.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Bug Reports