Forum: Medicine in Middle Earth

Discussing: Other Medicines

Other Medicines

Off the drowning topic, does anyone know of any good sites on herblore or similar items that could be useful? Athelas is all well and good, but you can't use it for everything, after all!

Re: Other Medicines

Hi, Tathrin. You can try this: botanical.com As for me, I've studied medicinal herbalism and I usually look up in my manuals, every time I need something like this. Sometimes though, I just make something up. Hope I helped, werecat

Sorry, just noticed there was a reply! Yes, thank you muchly!

Thanks, Werecat! I found excellent information on herbal treatments for infertility, for a story that's beginning to take shape in the back of my brain. We had used that site, years ago, for research for some of my daughter's school projects. I had lost track of it - thanks for reminding me! Ann

Hi, Ann! I'm glad you found it useful. If you need anything more, let me know. I just love herbal stuff. Werecat

Thank you for the URL. I added it to my collection of research URLs. As a researcher, I collect a diverse set of reference materials including several human ones. It is amazing what information a writer might need especially since the gals I beta write in worlds from Middle Earth to the American Old West to present day and even into the future. RiverOtter

Hi, RiverOtter, and apologies for the late reply. This Holidays' Season has been anything but festive to me. *sigh* It is amazing what information a writer might need especially since the gals I beta write in worlds from Middle Earth to the American Old West to present day and even into the future. *nods* I've found myself wondering about several things recently in the course of writing stories, from cat related superstitions to Arabic poetry. Goggle is a wonderful thing, IMHO. Werecat

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Medicine in Middle Earth