Forum: Research Questions

Discussing: Grima

Grima

So am I correct when I assume that we have no cannonical idea how old Grima is? I myself would put him younger than Theoden, but older than Theodred. Does that sound logical?

Re: Grima

So am I correct when I assume that we have no cannonical idea how old Grima is? Yes, that's correct. The only genealogical information we have for him is that he is the son of Gálmód, whom we also know nothing about. We do know that he maneuvered himself into an influential position with Théoden in 3014, possibly beginning even before then. (See the Resource Library entries: Théoden's health begins to fail and Gríma Wormtongue gains evil influence as Théoden's counsellor for details.) I myself would put him younger than Theoden, but older than Theodred. Does that sound logical? Seems reasonable to me. To gain credibility, a counselor is likely to be older than the son of the counselee. And if Gríma were as old as Théoden, I believe that he would have been less vulnerable to being corrupted by Saruman (purely speculation, of course...) - Barbara

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Research Questions

Stories linked to the forum