Forum: Geography and Maps

Discussing: Inn or Pub in Buckland?

Inn or Pub in Buckland?

I just looked in the Resources and see a place called The Golden Perch, but it appears to be across the Brandywine and not in Buckland proper. For all of you hobbit experts, am I missing something? Or should I make something up? The Encyclopedia of Arda didn't help, though it was nice to have a map to print out...

Thanks heaps.

~Thevina, the woefully-hobbit-geography-ignorant writer

Re: Inn or Pub in Buckland?

The Golden Perch is in Stock, which is in the Eastfarthing and west of the Brandywine, so definitely not in Buckland. It was on the original proposed route that Frodo, Sam, and Pippin were walking to get to Crickhollow, but they never actually went there. It's mentioned in the chapter "A Short Cut to Mushrooms."

Celandine, who dug out RotK and delved through the index to track this one down - I think I'm really a research librarian at heart!

Re: Inn or Pub in Buckland?

Celandine, who dug out RotK and delved through the index to track this one down - I think I'm really a research librarian at heart!

Yes, you and me both. Would that we could actually meet up for coffe! But that's an entirely different forum topic... Keep tuned.

Thevina blows kisses, and knows that she is now going to make up a new tavern for Buckland, because Eru knows, those hobbits need more places to imbibe!

Chortling,
Thevina

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Geography and Maps