Forum: HASA Birthday Cards Forum

Discussing: This thread means: Time to update the HAWriters Chapters

This thread means: Time to update the HAWriters Chapters

Hi All, I was just going through the HAWriters chapters that hold all our drabbles. A lot of them were missing. I've gone back and pasted in quite a few, up through April. Nonetheless, I know I left out some by Jay, Vulgarweed, Marta, and...er... someone else whose name has just slipped my mind. Point being: if you've written a drabble, please go check the HA Writers story ("HASA Birthday Cards") and make sure all your drabbles are in there and as you would want them. On the other hand, if I've added something of yours that you didn't want to go into the collective entry, please either let me know or login to the HA Writers Group (please contact the CMs to ge login info) and delete your entry. Finally, when you see this thread bumped to the top, it means: time to go post my entry in the collective entry! This way, the reminder won't get lost in the huge volume of b-day posts. Dwim

Re: This thread means: Time to update the HAWriters Chapters

I've just been and posted all my May drabbles. You may want to check the formatting (I did try to make it all consistent, but it's complicated!) Oh, and this post will bump this thread up to the top to remind everyone else to post! Cheers, Liz

May is drawing to a close which means it's time to update the HAWriters story again. If you're happy with your drabble please post it to that story. If you're unsure how to do so please contact the CMs. Marta

Attention, June drabblers!

For all you June drabblers, be sure to start moving your drabbles into the HA Writers Group entry. I've got June up as a private chapter at the moment, since it has nothing in it but the birthday requests. If you're not sure how to format the entry, check the HASA Birthday Card threads "On Formatting for the Collective Entry". If you don't know how to access HA Writers Group, please contact me and I'll send you the login and password. I've also just moved a whole truckload of drabbles, double drabbles, and one half drabble (the most gorgeous fifty words I've seen in awhile) into the May chapter. If your drabble was one of those that I moved, be certain to check the May chapter and make certain the drabble's formatting is correct, that I didn't go cross-eyed and put a nutterzoi card in the paranoidangel card section, and that you want your drabble (or double or half) to be there. In two days (2), I'm going to open the July thread, so all you July babies, start thinking about what sorts of themes you'd like us to drabble on about. Thank you!

Re: Attention, June drabblers!

Bloody hell! Twice now I've tried to put my June drabbles where they belong, and both times my confounded computer froze up! I don't know why it's doing this. It's fine when I log in as my usual self: maybe it just doesn't like me logging in as one of the HA writing group? Blah ... Anywho, if I can't get my stoopid machine to hold still long enough to do it, and if my drabbles are still stranded on the June Birthday discussion when all else is done ... could some kind soul post them to the HA Writers archive for me? I'll try again, but I think my karma is not playing nicely today .... Cheers ~ Erin

Re: Attention, June drabblers!

Don't worry, Erin. If your computer freezes, then either Marta or I, when we sweep back through to tidy things up, will put your drabbles up.

Tomorrow is July 1st. This means you should place your drabble in the appropriate HA Writer's Group chapter, or else indicate that you would prefer not to have it included there, for whatever reason. Otherwise, when Marta or I go on one of our periodic updating frenzies, we'll post it to the appropriate chapter then. (But we'd really appreciate it if you'd be willing to post it yourself. Contact us to find out how, if you're uncertain.)

Whoops, where did July go? You know what to do, all you drabble-crazy folks. Let me know if you have any trouble posting your drabbles to HA Writers. Likewise, if you would prefer that any of your drabbles *not* go into the HA Writers chapters, do let me know by e-mail. You can send via the contact forms (upper right hand corner of your screen: Challenges Manager). Thanks, Dwim

I'm dreaming of school, and of being unprepared in front of professors--it must mean that it's nearly September. Which means it is also time to start updating the HA Writer's Group story, HASA Birthday Cards. Please move your drabble to the August chapter if you've not already done so. If you would prefer that any of your drabbles *not* go into the HA Writers chapters, please use the contact form to let the CMs know which they are. Thanks, Dwim

Hi Dwim, I am new to HASA and don't know how to do this! Help!!! Vistula

Hello Vistula—I see that new or not, you've been drabbling away. We likes that, we do, my preciouss... Anyhow, log out. E-mail the CMs for password info. Then login as HA Writer's Group. Go to "My Stories", select "HASA Birthday Cards", and then choose edit chapter. Paste in your drabbles under the appropriate birthday request, in the standard formatting, and voilà, you are done. If you have any difficulties, let one of the CMs know by using the contact form in the upper right hand corner. We'll try to help, or we'll just paste yours in ourselves when we do the great monthly birthday drabble round-up.

Ah yes, I have been bitten by the drabble bug... Thanks for the info, I have transferred my drabbles with success. Cheers! Vistula

Well, it's the end of September, and we know what that means: time to move those birthday drabbles to the September chapter of HASA Birthday Cards (currently private, but in existence!). This time, however, we're doing things a bit differently. For reasons of security, we have had to change the HA Writers password. It will be changing regularly henceforth, so that we are more in accord with best practices. We apologize for failing to take this into account previously. So if you have written a birthday drabble, use the contact form to send nrink and me a request for the password, and we'll send it along. You can then post in HA Writers as you normally would, using the new password to login. We ask that you please not share the password with others for obvious reasons. Otherwise, as per usual, nrink and I will eventually get around to depositing drabbles in the appropriate HA Writers chapter. If you do not wish your drabble to be posted there, just drop us a line and let us know, so that we can leave it off our list or else remove it if we had already posted it to the September chapter. Thanks for your patience and understanding and, most especially, your lovely drabbles, Dwimordene

With November nearly upon us, it's time to start moving those October drabbles into their own chapter. If you've written a drabble for October, please contact nrink and me through the Challenges Manager contact form and ask for the password. Otherwise, as usual, we will *eventually* get around to posting a bunch of them ourselves. But we'd love you to pieces if you helped spare our ailing tendons by posting it yourself. As usual, if you wish your drabble *not* to be included in the HASA Birthday Cards story, we ask that you please drop us a line, either here or via e-mail. And if you've lately written drabbles for months other than October, please also let us know and forward us a copy of it. It's not that we forget to look... scratch that, we *do* forget to look, or at least, I do. Let us know, and we'll move the drabble to its rightful place, or else give you the means to do so. Thanks, Dwimordene

Dwim, I suggest you modify the message at the top of this thread, since the hawriters password now changes periodically... - Barbara

Done. Thanks, Barbara. Dwim

November drabblers!

All you November drabblers, it is time to upload your drabbles to the hawriters story! Please e-mail the challenges manager to receive the password, login to hawriters and transfer your drabbles to the appropriate chapter! Thanks, Allie edit: And after a bit of confusion from one member, I would like to add that the member name is hawriters, and e-mail the CMs for the password.

FYI, I just copy-pasted all the February requests into a new chapter in the HASA Birthday Cards 2005 story. February is looking to be a very busy month! Dwim

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to HASA Birthday Cards Forum