Forum: HASA Birthday Cards Forum

Discussing: Where Are Your Drabbles Hosted Publicly?

Where Are Your Drabbles Hosted Publicly?

As some of you may know, the Middle-earth Fanfiction Awards will soon be accepting nominations for the 2005 Awards. This means that all pieces nominated this year have to be posted by April 1 at sites where you don't have to log in. The MEFAs allow drabbles to be nominated. In fact, drabbles will run in their own special subcategories, so they will only be competing against other drabbles. And some of the drabbles produced here at HASA really are works of art. Unfortunately, the requirement that pieces be publicly accessible means that drabbles only posted at the members-only side of HASA aren't eligible aren't eligible. And nominating a drabble only posted in the HAWriters story which contains all of 2004's drabbles can be awkward; you can only link to the listing of all the month's drabbles, not the individual drabble. Hence the purpose of this forum: many of us who write drabbles have them archived somewhere besides HASA: at our own personal sites, or at Stories of Arda or some other archive, or at our LJ. If you have your drabbles available publicly, why don't you post a link in this forum? This will make it easier to nominate the drabbles for the MEFAs, and to recommend them to friends who aren't also members of HASA. Marta

Gwynnyd's drabbles: SSP

Mine are over at Stories of Arda "Short, Occasionally Sweet - Gwynnyd's Drabbles" Gwynnyd

Re: Where Are Your Drabbles Hosted Publicly?

Mine are in the process of being posted at Tolkien Fan Fiction as "Vistula's Drabbles" Cheers! Vistula

Greetings all ~ I've put my wee drabble collection up at SoA, though it's little enough, under the title "Good Stone". Just if anyone wants to see. http://www.storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=3523 Cheers ~ Erin

Hi guys, I should probably tell you where mine are - they're at my own personal site: http://www.freewebs.com/aure/ . Also at SOA, but I'm a bit behind at getting that updated. Marta

For the moment, mine are up at Stories of Arda under the boring but accurate title Assorted Drabbles. (I plan to consolidate all my writing at another site and remove it from SOA soon, but I'll leave a forwarding notice up whenever that happens.)

Mine are also at Stories of Arda, but there are so many of them (since that's basically all I write) that they are grouped under several different titles: Birthday Drabbles, LJ Challenges, Drabbles Concerning Eowyn. All very confusing! But too late to reorganize now, I wouldn't ever want to lose any of those lovely reviews. Ann

Nearly all my drabbles are listed at: www.dwimordenespage.org Scroll down on the "Writings" page. As of today, I have all the birthday drabbles I've written posted on that site. If you're looking for one of the few non-birthday drabbles, e-mail me and I'll make it available if it isn't already stored somewhere else.

Tanaqui asked me to mention that her drabbles are also archived at SOA. Her birthday drabbles are at: Tanaqui's Drabbles, as is her "Elements of Ithilien" series. Marta

My drabbles for Lord of the Rings (some of them, anyway) are here. My drabbles for the Silmarillion (most of them) are here. Both of these are posted on my FF.net account. I have a few other stories there, ones that I haven't posted at HASA yet, so you're more than welcome to look around. [ /SSP] -Ithiliel *hoping that the links work...*

My Tolkien-based drabbles are all at Wellinghall here. Celandine

Sadly, ff.net: Arandil's Drabbles I haven't gotten around to putting them up on SoA or TFF yet.

Mine are at Tolkien Fan Fiction (now, after a nudge from Dwim and another from Mike!) - under author Azalais, and the wildly-original title, you guessed it, "Assorted Drabbles". Cheers, Az

Mine are at the Burping Troll under Yule and Fun Stuff. RiverOtter

My paltry handful are at Stories of Arda: ET's Dribs and Drabbles - Barbara Edit: I've also found two sites where I could post drabbles individually, the Open Scrolls Archive and Tolkien Fan Fiction (since I have so few drabbles, I like to keep them separate): A Long, Unexpected Drabble: OSA or TFF A Long Tradition of Ancient Lore: OSA or TFF Alas, Poor Ufthak!: OSA or TFF Ambush in Ithilien: OSA or TFF Earth and Sky: OSA or TFF Silver and Gold: OSA or TFF There and Back Again: OSA or TFF Triumph Incarnate: OSA or TFF

I would like to announce that as of today, all my drabble are hosted at TFF under the spectacularly, magnificantly, wonderfully original name of... Meril's Drabbles. Allie

All of mine are at Stories of Arda. Avon

The way Challenge drabbles are presented on HASA will change significantly once the Workshop launches. The Birthday drabbles will be the first to be affected. With the new system, since it no longer relies on the HA Writers log in, individual authors set up a chapter under their own name and containing their own work. Details are being worked out, but this will greatly increase the ability of authors to post and the ability of HASA to present Challenge drabbles. While this may not help with the 2005 MeFAs due to time constraints, it will be an option in the near future. Ang

this will greatly increase the ability of authors to post and the ability of HASA to present Challenge drabbles. Hi Ang! Just to clarify, will the new system allow authors to determine whether their birthday gifts will be viewable on the public side of HASA? - Barbara

Hi Ang! Just to clarify, will the new system allow authors to determine whether their birthday gifts will be viewable on the public side of HASA? The birthday drabbles are Challenges. Any Challenge that closes is allowed to be displayed for the public. Therefore, Birthday Drabbles can be shown to the public. If an author does not wish her drabble present to be shown, there will be a way to post in a non-public story, or that is what I understand. I know that there is still a lot of work to be done on the details. The *primary* intention is to make it easier to post brithday drabbles, so that is the focus right now. The pleasant secondary effect of the Workshop is to make is easier for a particular author's contribution to be presented. Consider it a work in progress to make it easier to do fun stuff. Ang

The *primary* intention is to make it easier to post brithday drabbles, so that is the focus right now. The pleasant secondary effect of the Workshop is to make is easier for a particular author's contribution to be presented. Thanks, Ang! I think it's going to be fun.... - Barbara

(Dwim, thanks for reminding me to do this!) My drabbles are posted at Stories of Arda, here: Drabbles cheers, Maya

Mine are at Stories of Arda or ff.net under the title "Wordcount". Cheers, Alawa

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to HASA Birthday Cards Forum