Forum: HASA Birthday Cards Forum

Discussing: March 2005 Birthdays - 6

March 2005 Birthdays - 6

Post all new drabbles and requests here, please!

March 3 - Celandine Brandybuck: I'd still appreciate drabbles about any of the Steward's family. Time, place, topic up to the author's discretion!

March 6 - Agape4Gondor: Is there a chance I might find a Boromir drabble here for me?

March 6 - Khazar-Khum: For drabbles--let's see the bad guys in action, shall we?

March 7 - Narwen Almiriel: Firstly, sorry for such short notice! My birthday is on the 7th of March. I only joined HASA a few days ago, and was so thrilled to find that I could request a birthday drabble. And I can’t even seem to make up my mind…Let’s see…Could I have a drabble about either a). Celeborn and Galadriel being reunited in Aman, or b). Finwë and either one of his wives (or both, even…) or c). Melian and Elwë. Please? Pretty please?

March 11 - Erin (Sangfroid101): Something involving the Teleri- anything. It can be a teleri reference by some LOTR characters, or a drabble at sea, wherever, whenever. I'm not picky. I just like the teleri. :-)

March 14 - Elena Tiriel: I'd like a drabble about one or more male character(s) being heroic (however you wish to define that term -- it's not limited to deeds in battle...). My favorite races are Elves (not Kinslayers) and Rohirrim... but Faramir will do in a pinch. Or even Gimli. (Especially if he's with Legolas...) And I *love* it when someone picks out an obscure corner of canon to write about... but that's not a requirement, just icing on the (many-candled) birthday cake...

March 20 - Vistula the Dunedain: My birthday (the BIG 40) is March 20th and I would LOVE drabbles that have YOUR favorite character somehow interacting with MY favorite character. For those few of you who haven't already guessed who THAT may be, the answer is, of course, Sam.

Anytime, any place, any situation is great! (And I don't mind slash either, if you are so inclined.)

March 23 - Tárion Anaróre: I would reeeeeeeeeeeally love something with the sons of Feanor. Especially the younger ones, if you're up to it! I'd also take anything with Elladan & Elrohir if you don't want to do kinslayers (I love them to death). (Just no slash please!)

March 24 - Obsidianj (Chris): I would like something with Aragorn(Strider) and the hobbits or Aragorn and Boromir.

March 29 - Meril (Allie): I'm incredibly indecisive. I want (a) a happy moment between Feanor and Nerdanel, or (b) anything Houses of Healing, or (c) Galadriel and Celeborn anywhere. If you incorporate all of those (definitely not required!), I'll drop dead from shock.

March 31 - Forodwaith: I'd love drabbles about Arwen (a criminally underwritten character IMO), especially if they focus on a part of her life other than her relationship with Aragorn. If you're an Arwen-hater, write me a drabble about Sam and his garden and I'll be just as happy.

happy Birthday, Allie!

Quote: March 29 - Meril (Allie): I'm incredibly indecisive. I want (a) a happy moment between Feanor and Nerdanel A very happy early birthday, dear Allie! All the best wishes and may the nuzgûl always bite! Yours Juno
~~~*~~~
Fire and Water Metal and stone are my tools. Fire and water to temper the steel. Whetstone to sharpen the blade. The blade to carve jewels. Opposites attract. Without fire and water, heat and cold, no blade will be hard and sharp and beautiful. Yet like weds like. And yet… what is a sword without a jewel in its hilt? A ring without its diamond? I stare at my father. Stubborn. I feel Fëanor’s gaze upon me. There is steel in his eyes. I will be the fire and the water to temper this steel. “I will have him,” I say. “Or none!”

Happy Birthday, Forodwaith!

An early birthday present is better than none, I guess. It is a drabble and a half (sorry, I needed the words). It features Arwen and Sam. And... ...it is a naughty drabble! Enjoy! Yours JunoMagic
~~~*~~~
A Gardener's Delight Sam blushed beet-red. They were on a visit in Gondor, the Gamgees, the Tooks and the Brandybucks. An adventure to enjoy with their wives and families! But Sam did not enjoy himself at all, as he sat on a bench in the gardens of the Citadel, next to the Queen of Gondor. “’Tis not only the clothin’ if ye take my meanin’, my lady. That’s exotic, to be sure. But quite pretty. Really, quite pretty. But –” He stopped short. How to continue? However, he really needed advice. Female advice! “’Tis quite mysterious… I simply don’t grasp it, what me wife wants me to do… really, I feel all shipwrecked and helpless…” Arwen smiled at the hobbit’s embarrassment and handed him a book. “Read that. It will help you!” The title was “The Garden of Pleasure”. A gardener’s book! Sam heaved a sigh of relief. Now, that couldn’t be bad!

Happy Birthday, Vistula!

Quote: (...) YOUR favorite character somehow interacting with MY favorite character. For those few of you who haven't already guessed who THAT may be, the answer is, of course, Sam.(...) OK... this time I'm late... Nevertheless, all the best wishes! Health, happiness and good luck at the corners of life! Yours JunoMagic
~~~*~~~
Sam and Elrond There was the quay. The white ship lay waiting. Sam felt out of place in this exalted company of gentlehobbits, elves and wizards. But his master had bid him farewell in kind words. Frodo had reminded him of his Rosie, and his Ellie, happily asleep in her cradle at home in their hole right now. So now Sam kept back, watching the others making their goodbyes. Suddenly there was someone next to him. Sam looked up and into Elrond’s calm, grave face. “A daughter is the most precious flower any gardener can have. Take good care of your little Elanor!”

Re: Happy Birthday, Forodwaith!

The title was “The Garden of Pleasure”. Beverage warning! Beverage warning! That was great, Juno!! I would love to see the look on Sam's face when he opens that book -- or on Pippin's, when he sees Sam reading it and sneaks a peek later!

Hehehehehehehehehe!!! I cannot...stop...giggling! No...not bad at all!! -Tárion

For Agape4gondor

March 6 - Agape4Gondor: Is there a chance I might find a Boromir drabble here for me? Happy Belated, and I'm so so very sorry.... Warrior The pristine morning was too beautiful to mar with battle, but the whims of the fates can not be altered. Our journey almost completed, it was a pity it had to end this way. One. I refused to feel the pain spreading. The Halflings must be protected. Two. I was a warrior. I am a warrior. Three. I felt the earth beneath knees I hadn’t realized I fell on. It was only a matter of time before arrow number four hit. The haze began to grow and I felt death’s maternal embrace as the last of my consciousness slipped away.
I swear I didn't mean to kill him!!

For Agape4Gondor

March 6 - Agape4Gondor: Is there a chance I might find a Boromir drabble here for me? -------------------- Boromir caught himself daydreaming as they passed from the pristine lands of Lothlorien. He altered his strokes to catch up to the other boats, trying to drive the thoughts of the ring from his mind. If only he could talk to Frodo, alone, and convince him of what needed to be done. But Sam never let Frodo out of his sight, watching him with an almost maternal devotion. And Aragorn... Well, he’d seen Aragorn had been watching him. Boromir frowned. This quest could never be completed by a hobbit. Why did they stay on this foolhardy course? Didn’t they understand?

Happy (early) birthday, Forodwaith!

If I don't post it now, I will forget... So here's an Arwen drabble! I tried to focus on another part of her life other than Aragorn, but he crept in a teensy bit. Happy birthday! Replacements Queen Arwen has dressed in the manner of our kingdom, abandoning elven styles in favor of our mortal variations. Rich velvets exchanged for flowing silks, embroidery for simple lines. She has replaced her clothing as well as her life, I muse. My father said the elven-folk feel sorrows and joys more intensely than we do. We feel a pang at the loss of a rowboat, he said, while the elves feel a shipwreck’s devastation. I feel sudden warmth for this exotic queen, who traded Valar’s grace for unbreakable love. “I am Lothíriel of Dol Amroth, my lady. Welcome to Gondor.”

Happy early birthday, Forodwaith!

I'd love drabbles about Arwen (a criminally underwritten character IMO), especially if they focus on a part of her life other than her relationship with Aragorn. Here we go! Er...I got carried away and a drabble became a drouble...but still, hope you like it! - Narwen ~*~*~*~ Two identical heads shot up at the sound of an extremely loud splash somewhere in the woods behind them. Two pairs of eyes looked around frantically, worry evident on each face. Where was their little sister? She had been right next to them, and now suddenly, mysteriously, she had disappeared. Then they heard a small voice call their names. “Dan! Ro! Look what I found!” Following their sister’s voice, and the sounds of the water, they reached a clearing. There, in a little creek coming off a stream, was Arwen, happily splashing away without a care in the world, her clothing lying abandoned by the side of the water… She grinned at them, not aware of the worry she had put her brothers through. Wound amongst her hair were flowers, shaped like what could only be called a crown. Her brothers were bemused by the sight, their earlier concern forgotten. “Look Dan, Ro! I’m the princess of an exotic land, far, far away, and I’ve been shipwrecked because of an evil monster! Will you play with me? You can be brave lords who save me!” As one, they agreed. When she asked, how could they not? “Of course, tithen pen.” ~*~*~*~ Tithen pen - little one

Re: March 2005 Babies - Part 6

March 24: Obsidianj (Chris): I would like something with Aragorn(Strider) and the hobbits or Aragorn and Boromir. I decided to try something with Aragorn and Boromir. Happy Birthday. ***** Decisions made, the Council adjourned. He sat at the table, suddenly exhausted. After months of solitude, the crowded room made him uneasy. Around him, elves, dwarves, hobbits, one man, and one wizard rose, speaking quietly -- of the enemy, of the past, of the late luncheon. He sat alone, knowing none, unsure. A shadow fell over him. Looking up, he saw the tall, grey-eyed Man smiling in welcome. "Come. Master Elrond wishes me to show you your rooms. And we must speak of many things. Rising, Boromir followed his host, his would-be King. There were questions indeed to be answered. ***** Nightsky

Happy (very) belated birthday, Khazar-Khum!

For drabbles--let's see the bad guys in action, shall we? SO sorry that this is late! Erm...I'd never actually attempted writing bad guys before, but hopefully this turned out okay. -Narwen ~*~*~*~ A New Dominion It haunts us… No sleep, no food…they elude us… Our life, our fate, they are all tied to the fate of the One Ring. The One Ring, in the hands of a mere halfling… He eluded us once, but not this time. This time we will have him. He has resisted his wound so far, but for how much longer? He will give in…soon. And then we will take him back to Mordor, to Barad-dur. To the Dark Lord. And he will rise again. Then he will have power, great and terrible power. The dominion of the elves is over… ~*~*~*~

For Narwen Almiriel

Happy Belated! March 7 - Narwen Almiriel: Firstly, sorry for such short notice! My birthday is on the 7th of March. I only joined HASA a few days ago, and was so thrilled to find that I could request a birthday drabble. And I can’t even seem to make up my mind…Let’s see…Could I have a drabble about either a). Celeborn and Galadriel being reunited in Aman, or b). Finwë and either one of his wives (or both, even…) or c). Melian and Elwë. Please? Pretty please? Spirit of Fire “I feel him stir within me.” Finwë gazed fondly at his wife as he placed his hand on her protruding stomach. “Is he always this active?” he asked with a smile. Miriel nodded and leaned in to rest her head on her husband’s shoulder. “I shall call him ‘Feanáro.’ “Spirit of fire?” Finwë asked, pulling away from his wife and raising an eyebrow. “What do you foresee for him?” Miriel held his gaze for a moment before answering. “Great shall be his deeds.” Finwë beamed proudly and hugged her to him, not noticing the briefest shadow pass across her face.

I swear I didn't mean to kill him!! That's what they all say. I really like this. *sniff*

Re: Happy birthday, Forodwaith!

Good heavens, four birthday drabbles in one day! I don't know what I did to deserve it, but I enjoyed them all immensely. Arandil, A Welcome Visitor Very mysterious; now I'm wondering which of her brothers this is, and what happened to his ship... JunoMagic, A Gardener's Delight Ah ha ha! I have tears in my eyes at the thought of Sam reading "The Garden of Pleasure." Meril, Replacements Drabbles about Arwen as Queen are dear to my heart, and this brief encounter is drawn so well that it gives me a clear picture of Lothiriel and Imrahil too. Narwen What a lovely picture of Arwen in the water, and how like a young one to be completely unconcerned when she's terrified her brothers. Marta, I can't wait to read "Arwen's answer to the question of Eowyn: Heroine or Deserter." And as for saying that you couldn't get it done by my birthday, let me point out that all of these wonderful drabbles have been early birthday presents - my actual birthday isn't until the 31st.

For Narwen

Unfortunately, this isn't as happy as your drabble for me. However, it does answer your request for Melian and Elwë, which I don't think anyone else has done yet. Release from Bondage Elwë has known time to stretch beyond measure before. Then, it was slow and sweet as honey dripping from the hive; now it is dark and bitter with grief. The bright jewel hanging about his neck sheds no warmth. He and Melian pass each other silently in the halls of Nargothrond, thronged with the ghosts of memory: Luthien laughing, dancing, raising voice in song. Will time ever gather speed again? Or will he be trapped in it like a fly in amber until his life fades at last, and he goes to the Halls that will be empty for him?

Happy belated birthday, Agape!

Hey, Agape! This is a double 'cause it's late, and it was written for another insta-drabbling challenge: the first half was insta-drabbled, then the second half was written later to make it a perfect double. Happy, happy birthday! Memory’s Sake A light touch along the dusty surface, raising the scent of old roses and musty perfumes. Once, this dresser was pristine and free of dust. Finduilas had arranged his collection of seashells here with such maternal pride that he thought his face would crack from smiling. She had spent hours with him, setting out arrangement after altered arrangement on the dark surface, until they finally completed it. “I am proud of you,” she said. The dead are gone, and they will ne’er return. Yet still, for memory’s sake, he took the small white handkerchief from the drawer, and pocketed it. Later that night, sleepless and studying the delicate embroidery, he slipped out of bed and began to roam the halls. His wandering feet led him all over the Citadel, until he finally ended up before his father’s study, seeing a flickering light from the door, which stood ajar. His father stood by the window, staring out at the skies. His gaze was absent, remote. When he glanced back to see his son waiting by the door, he beckoned, and Boromir walked over. Father and son stood in silence, watching the night pass by, and both thought of the same person.

Re: Happy Birthday, Obsidianj!

Quantum Physics I hope you like it! I love it. I remember trying to calculate with Quantum Physics how long I have to hit a window with a hammer until the hammer is on the other side without harming the glass. Strider showing up on my doorstep has a slightly lesser probability but it amounts to the same result: Never . It would be neat if they would show up on my doorstep . I like your desciption of Strider - nobly dishevelled, looking forward to a pint Thank you so much Juno. Chris

He sat at the table, suddenly exhausted. After months of solitude, the crowded room made him uneasy. I can sympathize with Boromir. Having too many people around when not used to it anymore can be quite exhausting. And on top of that he met his would-be King. Thank you very much Nightsky. It is so much fun to get my very own birthday drabbles . Chris

Re: For Narwen

However, it does answer your request for Melian and Elwë, which I don't think anyone else has done yet. SQUEEEEEEEEEEE! That made me sooooooo happy! Thank you so much! I love it! It's really sad but it is beautiful... May I repost it in my LJ, please? Thanks once again! -Narwen

Re: Happy Birthday, Allie!

I don't know why this took me so long -- have a great one, Allie! In The Midst Her pregnancy had been fraught with difficulty, and we could not allow her to be evacuated without risk to both mother and child. She has been in labour for hours, too many hours. Her stifled screams occasionally drift into the main room, and a number of the men have taken to asking after her, as if childbirth were a wound more dire than those which many of them bear. The ringing, somehow defiant blast of a horn comes from the Field while I am stitching a soldier’s leg, and it is followed by the distant sounds of terrible, fierce singing. An amazed hush falls over the Houses, roof to foundation. A high, outraged shriek breaks the silence, startling all for a moment, then the midwife’s assistant appears in the doorway, tired but beaming. “It is a boy, and she has named him Estel!” A great cheer erupts from the injured, and for the first time in days, I feel that all is not lost. In the midst of death, life. In the midst of despair, hope.

Re: For Narwen

Go ahead and repost it in your LJ if you like. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

SQUEEE!! Thank you, thank you, EdorasLass! What a moment to capture: so beautiful... Awww... *grin* Now I want to know the story behind this: who was the woman? Where did she live? Gah, I think your present has flung a mini-nuzgul on me! And the usual question: may I repost in my LJ, please? Allie (happy!)

Now I want to know the story behind this: who was the woman? Where did she live? Gah, I think your present has flung a mini-nuzgul on me! Take THAT, O she who mans the catapaults! (Womans the catapaults?) I'm glad you liked it -- I was just idly wondering if any women got left /stayed behind in Minas Tirith, and out this popped! And the usual question: may I repost in my LJ, please? Of course you may!

An Elfstone for Meril

March 29 - Meril (Allie): I'm incredibly indecisive. I want (a) a happy moment between Feanor and Nerdanel, or (b) anything Houses of Healing, or (c) Galadriel and Celeborn anywhere. If you incorporate all of those (definitely not required!), I'll drop dead from shock. Happy Birthday Meril! Sometimes ‘indecisive’ is good – you just might get it all! I have tried to combine the three scenarios you requested, but hopefully your health will not be endangered because rather than one piece, it is three related ficlets. The trio can be found here under the title The Elfstone Enjoy! Ithildin *(

Re: Happy Birthday, Vistula!

Sam and Elrond Thank you so much Juno for this touching drabble. I replied over on HA but wanted to tell you again how much I enjoyed it. Cheers, Vistula

A Gardener's Delight Snerk... Poor Sam! I'd love to be a little mouse in the corner when he reads that book. Oh Juno, it wasn't mine, but I sure did enjoy it! Vistula

Re: March 2005 Babies - Laaaaaaate for Celandine

Indeed it may be late, Celandine, but I did manage to get it in before the end of the month - barely. You wanted anything with the Steward's family, so here you go. I hope you enjoy, and that your birthday month has been a grand one! Cheers, Vistula Edit Sorry about the misspelling of Denethor's name. Hangs head in shame It's fixed now... ~~~~ Command Performance “Must I?” Denethor looked to his wife hopefully. “Yes,” she chastised, frowning in a way that only made her more beautiful. “They’ve worked hard on this. You must acknowledge that. No matter how horrible it is.” “Horrible? You’ve seen it then?” Sighing Finduilas nodded. “Several times. They wanted it perfect.” Denethor groaned, glancing with trepidation at the stage. “And it’s horrible?” “Denethor!” “Just asking,” he grumbled, slouching into his seat. “Can’t a man ask a simple question?” “Shhh, here they come.” Costumed, the two grinning thespians came forth. Clearing his throat, Boromir began. “Once there was a king of Gondor…”

Re: March 2005 Babies - For Tárion Anaróre A Little Late

Hello, and happy belated birthday! I couldn't do the sons of Feanor, but managed a bit of the Sons of Elrond for you. I hope you enjoy! Cheers, Vistula ~~~~ Before the Gate I am fallen. The Sons of Elrond fight alongside my Dunedain kindred. One kneels – Elrohir I think – while his brother stands guard above us. Gravely wounded I cannot speak, yet my eyes beg him to go. You can do no more. I am doomed. Perhaps we all are. Even without words, understanding blooms in his eternal eyes. Bloodstained fingertips touch my face tenderly; he has known me all my life and the parting is bitter. “Namarie, mellon-nin,” he sighs. In a heartbeat, he is gone. In darkness descending, I hear a joyous cry ring forth: “The Tower! It is fallen.”

Re: An Elfstone for Meril

*gasp* Oh my goodness, Ithildin! A present that is actually on my birthday! These are so, so very beautiful, and perfect in every word. I never even thought of the Elfstone in connecting all three. I love that sense of the same thing being passed down through its owners, and finally coming and saving Faramir (who is another one of my loves) from the Black Breath. *happy sigh* May I repost these in my LJ? I love sharing my presents! Allie (who is finally, officially, 19 years old)

Re: An Elfstone for Meril

I'm so happy that you like the pieces, Meril! Once I saw that the Elfstone could work into each setting, I just had to write them and I really enjoyed doing it. Yes, you may repost in your LJ and I hope you have a wonderful birthday today! Ithildin *(

Happy Belated Birthday, Agape!

Better late than never! I think that's becoming my motto... Here's a little present for you- my first double-drabble ever. Hope you enjoy it! Starlight *** In Lorien It was only after Legolas winced that he realized he’d broken the golden leaf. Moreover, it seemed he’d been talking for a while of the White Tower, Osgiliath with its star-dome, the gulls, foam, his Uncle’s home by the beach… ‘ ’Tis beautiful- your land.’ ‘High praise, coming from an Elf used to this,’ Boromir said, gesturing at the woods. ‘You do not like it.’ ‘Never said that, but- it seems alien to me, complex, fleeting.’ Legolas raised a brow. ‘Now, my princeling, don’t cast judgement because of my not liking-’ ‘I judge you not, young-heir-to-the-steward-captain-of-the-white-tower-son-of-gon-’ ‘Enough, please,’ Boromir said, appeased. ‘It is beautiful, Lorien, but there’s something intrusive about it, as though it were alive. It leaves you-’ ‘It leaves you bare,’ finished Legolas. Boromir raised a brow this time. ‘I’ve felt it, too,’ the Elf continued, ‘but I think it isn’t such a bad thing.’ He stretched his hand to grab another leaf. ‘It takes some delving before you find the mithril. The Dwarf said that.’ Boromir laughed. ‘So Lothlorien is a mirror, then?’ ‘You weren’t listening. Lothlorien is the miner. It might take much work with you,’ Legolas said, grinning wickedly, ‘but I know the mithril’s there.’

Happy Birthday, Allie!

Hope you have a great day Cheers, Starlight *** Not yet lovers ‘Artanis.’ She turned at once, but realized Celeborn hadn’t called her. He was staring into nothingness, a slight frown on his face. Finally he turned to her and announced: ‘It does not suit you.’ She took a deep breath. ‘My father gave me that name.’ ‘He wasn’t very foresighted, was he?’ ‘I’d rather be known to others by a trait than… than through my hair color.’ She glared. ‘Celeborn, what a dull name!’ His laughter was loud, aggravating, completely ungraceful. ‘Well, what would you name me?’ ‘That, lady, will have to wait for when you are in a better mood.’

Happy Belated Birthday, Narwen!

Sorry I'm so late! Here's some Finwe and Indis for you. Under the very un-original title, there's -I hope- some insight. Hope you enjoy it ;-) Starlight *** Star-light Looking at her starlit eyes he remembered sitting with her, on the reeds, watching the starlight of Varda’s lamps reflected on the pool. ‘I know it might be a dangerous road, but I’ll keep Ingwe safe,’ he’d said, and that had made her smile. ‘We are not greater than the gods, Finwe.’ ‘Yes, but they’ll befriend us, teach us. We’ll find happiness in Aman, Indis.’ ‘Happiness,’ she said, keen eyes fixed on his, ‘we make ourselves.’ So many years later and her eyes hadn’t changed. Happiness had forsaken him, but -it occurred to him- she might help him build it now.

“Must I?” Denathor looked to his wife hopefully. Oh, Vistula. This is just too funny. The duties of a father Chris

Oh, wow! Thank you, Starlight! This made me giggle. I love the interaction between them: he laughs at her without fear, and she criticizes his name with equal freedom. So awesome! May I repost it in my LJ, please? Allie (having a very, very good birthday day!)

Oh, Vistula. This is just too funny. The duties of a father Thanks Chris! Having subjected my mother and father to many such performances, I could easily see Faramir and Boromir doing the same to their parents. I'm glad you liked it. Vistula

Re: For Agape4gondor

You are forgiven, Arandil, as much as I can forgive you - for it was the master JRRT himself who did the deed. I so loved the line 'felt the earth beneath knees I hadn't realized I fell on.' Incredibly poignant.... BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Re: For Agape4Gondor

Whoa - I missed this one - thank you!!! Dearest Boromir - I have oft thought of the trip down the Anduin - how incredibly painful for him - so much so that dear M&P were even frightened of him..... Oh dear - must run off and hide....

Re: Happy belated birthday, Agape!

Thank you, Meril - I found this very hard to read. And yet very easy to - if that makes any sense. The seashells and the arranging - so touching and so much of Finduilas.... and the dust... oh dear... And the handkerchief.... Each line was exquisite - again, thank you! Agape

Re: Happy Belated Birthday, Agape!

Oh dear, Starlight, I had to grab a kleenex for this one.... So many things to ponder - how did you do it? The leaf cracking under Boromir's fingers, the complexity of the place, Legolas' raised brow and Boromir's tone... I adored the last paragraph.... perhaps that is why I love Boromir so much - I, too, know the mithril is there! Thank you! Agape

Happy Birthday - Meril

You must blame Vistula for this - she is the subcreator of this monster you see before you - the heretofore drabble-less Agape.... “If you move again, I will call the Master Healer, and I assure you he will be none too pleased to know that you are causing me such grief. I have served the Houses of Healing for nigh unto an age, I will have you know, and none have ever….” ‘Would she never be still?’ he wondered, his head throbbing with every word she spoke. The clamor of her speech slowly tapered as darkness wrapped him and Pippin, who friends would have said was the perfect mirror to the woman who tended him, gratefully drifted off. Much to Merry’s horror. Agape

Re: Happy Birthday - Meril

Agape wrote: Thank you, Meril - I found this very hard to read. And yet very easy to - if that makes any sense. Yes, you make perfect sense, Agape. I'm glad that you like it! You must blame Vistula for this - she is the subcreator of this monster you see before you - the heretofore drabble-less Agape.... You have succombed to the madness that is birthday drabbling. You have been assimilated: there is no escape. And I LOVE it! That healer has such a tone with her (is it Ioreth?): so much personality with such little speech! May I repost in my LJ, please? Allie (What a happy birthday!)

Happy birthday - Forodwaith

I'm sorry - I can't do Arwen without Aragorn - seems obscene somehow! Grief. The word he had flung at her so long ago, hung in the air over the funeral byre as incense wrapped around her heart. Ada had said it would be thus. Bitter were his words spoken so long ago, and bitter now they rang again as if just spoken. Cerin Amroth beckoned, where first they met, kin and yet not; then, she walked in that fair land, covered with elanor and niphredil. Now, overborne by grief profound, she found herself marked for doom as was Lúthien Tinúviel. She laid herself down amidst the flowers and woke no more.

Re: Happy birthday - Forodwaith

Sniff-sniff. It's so sad. I always thought Arwen's end was heartbreaking, rather poor payment for all she had sacrificed. Nicely done! RAKSHA THE DEMON

Re: Happy Birthday - Meril

Replied on HA - of course you may repost on your LJ... have fun with the birthday... Drabble madness - isn't it usually - dribbles in madness! Agape

Allie wrote: Oh, wow! Thank you, Starlight! I'm so glad you liked it There is so much yet to be written about Galadriel and Celeborn, but for some reason I am stuck in those pre-bonding years. I feel there is much to explore there still. So awesome! May I repost it in my LJ, please? Oh, that's so exciting! I'd be honored if you did. Thanks! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and I am also very very glad you had a nice birthday. Take care, Starlight

Re: Happy Belated Birthday, Agape!

Agape wrote: Oh dear, Starlight, I had to grab a kleenex for this one.... I'm delighted you liked it, Agape (it's such a weird thing to say since it made you teary-eyed- I hope that was because you liked it!) I was listening to a recording of TTT and came across a fascinating part: Legolas' insistence that Boromir's body be honorably tended to and his part in the lament as they send the funeral boat to sea. It's always fascinated me, for unknown reasons, but this time I felt I could see some similarities between Legolas' and Boromir's situations and circumstances in life (they are both heirs to their parents -though Legolas was less likely to ever come into the power position unless Thranduil was killed in battle,- they had both lived too close to the shadow for a long time -in Boromir's case all of his life, they had both been sent as messengers from their kingdoms and through chance had been involved in the quest, they were both facing unknown worlds for them, among other things) that could have drawn them to try to understand each other better, as in the case with Legolas and Gimli. That Legolas was the advocate for Boromir's funeral and that he took part in the lament (which speaks of gulls, birds Legolas had never seen nor heard before) is a very interesting point, and one that bears closer attention. Sorry I got so carried away about this. I'm just so glad you liked your present And I'm also very glad you picked up on those subtleties some of my favorite parts of the story. I adored the last paragraph.... perhaps that is why I love Boromir so much - I, too, know the mithril is there! I knew you would like that part. Me too! Take care, Starlight

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Agape4Gondor!

This is very late. It's not very happy, but I hope it makes your day a little brighter. Happy birthday! ~ Comfort It has been four years, thought Boromir, fingering the square of cloth. It was a small white handkerchief, made for a fine lady. Now it was his. Finduilas had been the first one to see him in the entryway after the fistfight. She had gasped, then pulled out her handkerchief to dab at the blood on his nose, ignoring his proud refusal. Its pristine whiteness had been permanently altered by the crimson stain, but Finduilas had not cared. Her maternal instincts were stronger than his protests or common sense. Her task completed, she had laid the handkerchief in his hand, then kissed his forehead. “Be careful, Boromir,” she had said. It has been four years since she died. Boromir refolded the stained handkerchief, eyes stinging, and tucked it into the drawer in his desk. He shut the drawer violently. It would not do to let his family see him cry. ~ -Ithiliel

Happy belated, Tarion!

You asked for young!Feanorions... and I delivered. Late, but a double to compensate. Happiest of birthdays to you! Fëar She had given them matching lumps of clay. Each of you take a corner, shape something of your own, and do not look at your brother. For two hours they worked while she quietly painted by the window. Ambarussa lived a life of singularity. Was it not said that onóni were one fëa in two hröar? It was difficult to relate to the rest of the world when someone could read your every thought and know your every inspiration. Their own brothers could not quite comprehend their bond, and all of Tirion confused them. But Ammë always knew: they knew exactly which onóna she wanted simply by the tone of her voice. Eventually, she asked to see their progress. When Ambarussa realized they had both chosen to sculpt her, they hung their heads. Carnaster had been right: they were no different at all. But then Ammë began to speak. Little one, look what you have done! See how you have captured the movements? I can almost see this sculpture coming alive. Then this piece, my child: perfect stillness, a moment of peace, with every detail captured so beautifully. Not one, they realized. Strongly bound, closer than most: yes. But two. -------- ~The twins Amrod and Amras were given the name Ambarussa (one name for both of them). ~Carnaster is Caranthir's mother-name. ~onóni, onóna: twin, twins. ~fëa, hröar: spirit, bodies. ~Ammë: mother.

March 31 - Forodwaith: I'd love drabbles about Arwen (a criminally underwritten character IMO), especially if they focus on a part of her life other than her relationship with Aragorn. If you're an Arwen-hater, write me a drabble about Sam and his garden and I'll be just as happy. From an Arwen lover who believes Elves can be really silly: The Master Family of Imladris Cooking: “My pudding is legendary!” “Legendarily bad! This is awful!” Arwen threw the plate toward Elladan, who got most of it on his tunic. “He comes by it honestly. Why think you your father does not cook?” Elrond glared at Celebrain, flicked a spoonful of oatmeal at her, she dodged, Arwen caught it. Elrohir laughed. Arwen threw an egg. He moved, it hit Elrond. The next oatmeal hit Elladan, the pudding, Celebrain. She grabbed an egg, Elrohir some flour, Arwen some milk, Elrond and Elladan cornmeal… When they saw the food covered family, Glorfindel asked Eroster “Are you *sure* we want to know?” Dean Maia of Este

Last thread started!

Cheap, I know: to start another thread on the last day of the month. But I still have to post a few drabbles, and the new thread will serve for any who are especially late. Continue March drabbling here. Allie

Re: Happy belated, Tarion!

Yay! I already replied on YIM and HA, but I'll say again that I adore it! The Feanorians are my favorite! -Tárion

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to HASA Birthday Cards Forum