Forum: HASA Birthday Cards Forum

Discussing: June 2007 Birthdays

June 2007 Birthdays

Hello, birthday babies and drabblers! If you have a June birthday, please post your request here. Birthday folk, please visit the HASA Birthday Cards workshop, put your story in it, and enter the June challenge.

If you have questions, please ask.

Gandalfs apprentice

June 5, T'iana Luthien: I just finished reading the Children of Hurin and would like a drabble about a moment between Turin and Finduilas, be sad, happy, whatever. I could also go with some Galadriel/Celeborn or Eowyn/Faramir.

Re: June 2007 Birthdays

Hello My birthday is on June 5th and since I just finished reading the Children of Hurin, I'd like a drabble about a moment between Turin and Finduilas, be sad, happy, whatever. I could also go with some Galadriel/Celeborn or Eowyn/Faramir

Hello Ti'ana,

sorry for the belated birthday present - I was struggling for ideas. All the best to you!

Imhiriel

~*~

Bibliophile

“What are you reading?”

Éowyn flinched in surprise.

Faramir captured the book just before it landed on the ground, then sat beside his wife and turned the book to read its title.

“‘Finduilas’ lament’ – from my mother’s library. How do you like it?”

She blushed. “It’s... interesting.”

Faramir laughed. “One of my few memories of my mother is her exasperation as well-meaning people kept giving her books about her famous name-sake as presents. Particularly as she did not like the story.”

“Neither do I.” She began kissing him. “But I do like... this...”

The book dropped again, unregarded this time.

Oooooh...how loverly! Thank you so much Imhiriel *squees*

Oooooh...how loverly! Thank you so much Imhiriel *squees*

I'm happy you enjoyed it! It seems your requests keep encouraging my light-hearted muses...

Imhiriel

Here--and many wishes for the joy of the day.

The Welcome

They stood upon the quay of Tol Eressëa, their eyes locked.

"You've come."

"Yes." 

"We had no warning."

"I know.  I wished it to be a surprise."

Her voice warmed with humor.  "Oh, it is that indeed, my lord husband."

"Then I am gratified, my lady wife."

Those who but heard the exchange would likely think it only a courteous greeting between two long estranged.  But those who watched saw the great flaring of the Lights of each, and knew this was but the public face of their meeting.  Oh, passions were engaged, and would be so even more surely in time, once the two were assured of their privacy.

And the onlooking Maia smiled in satisfaction.

Ooooh -- thank you for such a lovely piece. I love how understated it is.

It's Galadriel! And Celeborn! And they're together again! Thank you, thank for making me smile.

Cheers,

Ti

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to HASA Birthday Cards Forum