Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: Boromir, Faramir and final advice

Boromir, Faramir and final advice

I don't really know if this should be here or in the hutch because I don't get the difference but...
I know Starlight at least has already written a story on this but it's a pretty wide field. Boromir's five years older than Faramir and so presumably (definitely? I'm not sure what is canon and what is fanon here) became a soldier before Faramir went off to be a Ranger (or a soldier if you think he did that first). I'm sure he would have had plenty of advice for Faramir - what was it? (This is also touched on in Altariel's Proof, and in its discussion.) Don't go with the women in *that* tavern? Always keep your sword sharp and handy? Don't think of the enemy as people or you won't survive? Watch out for attacks on moonless nights?

Avon

Re: Boromir, Faramir and final advice

Hutch: if you've got a plot bunny you don't think will attract five people's attention, it goes in the hutch.

This forum: if you think you've got something you can torture at least five people with, put it here!

Hm... a possibility, here. Any takers in the crowd? Post "yea" here.

I'm a yea!

I've been thinking about this since I read "Proof," making up the things Boromir said to Faramir, what were the bits F put into practice, etc. This could make a very nice challenge!

I'd also have to be a yes, given I can't leave the poor boys alone. ;-)

Avon

Yea from me too.

I have notes for this in my own arc, so I am considering being a yea -- balanced against the other side of my brain considering if I write too much about the boys and should back off.

If you need me to make up the numbers, you can put me down. But after the last nuzguling, I think you may find you already have plenty of takers!

I think it's just possible I might have a story here. Can I take 'advice' in a general sense, or must it be specifically soldierly advice? And is the 'final' of importance?

In other words, can I just write a story in which Boromir gives Faramir some advice of an as yet non-specific nature?

In other words, can I just write a story in which Boromir gives Faramir some advice of an as yet non-specific nature?

Sure wouldn't worry me - I had thought final as a springboard but I'll take whenever. I definitely think the advice could be as general as you like (or specific but non-soldierly)

Avon

Brilliant, thanks! Right, I think I may well be up for this one, then!

Add me to the list. I always have liked the interaction between these two. And this challlenge will force me to develop one of the ideas floating around in my head.

Are we looking at a time limit here?

All righty, looks like we have five people--this is a Challenge. Would you like to use what's in the first posting as the text, or does someone have a different way of stating this Challenge that would be preferred?

I usually set up a three month time limit as the default, unless there's some reason for it to be shorter or longer. If there are any preferences as to time limits, let me know.

Thanks!

...considering if I write too much about the boys and should back off.

*meep*

Tay, Tay, Tay... there can never be too much written by you about the boys. Trust me... give in to the "yea"....

Tay, Tay, Tay... Trust me... give in to the "yea"....

Shadow, that is sounding suspiciously like "give in to the dark side..." to me!

Ok, I have a foot in the "yea" box... I will see what happens, and Avon , you can decide in the crunch if it belongs ...

Avon, it can be any kind of advice, right?

Tay, stick your other foot into the "yea" box

I think we'll have lots of fun doing this... Looking forward to read your stories, guys!

Starlight

FYI, I've posted "Brotherly Advice" to the Story Discussions forum, as well as a question.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges