Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon

Well, since the Tar-Miriel nuzgul jumped the hutch to become a Challenge, why not some stories devoted to that overbearing husband/first cousin of hers? After all, this is the guy whose pride sank Numenor. Did he feel any sympathy toward Miriel at all? What about his friendship with Amandil? How did he fall so easily under Sauron's spell? What were his thoughts when he approached Valinor and nearly turned back (and what if he had?) And, trapped in the Cave of the Forgotten Ones, whose side will he fight on come the Last Battle and the Day of Doom?

Re: Ar-Pharazon

Hm, this seems like it's only fair, I agree.

What about Ar-Pharazon, folks? C'mon, you know you love a baddie!

Yes, as you know, I'm in! I just now have to find time to get started. *sighs* Oh the troubles of life!

Can you imagine what a tremendous captain he must have been, to steer mere Men all the way to Valinor?

Oh, that brings me to a related question...how does a Second Age Numenorean compare to an Elf ... any Elf? Since everyone seems to be stuck on the idea that Elves are so sinless and superior that there was really no need for Men to even exist in the first place, the little sickly, wavering, prideful, squibbling Aftercomers.

Pah. If I didn't go to die with Finrod Felagund, I'd CERTAINLY have thrown my lot in with Ar-Pharazon.

Whoa. Yes. Dear old AP, as I call him, is my second favorite character in the books, and I needed a little motivation to finish up this vignette. Deadline?

Since everyone seems to be stuck on the idea that Elves are so sinless and superior sinless? superior? coughcoughkinslayingcoughcough I'm not in for this challenge guys, sorry. Numenorians hold no interest for me.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges