Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: Mother's Day

Mother's Day

I was thinking about my daughter. Mother's Day is in 6 months so thinking of mothers, I was wondering. The relationship between women is a fascinating one. How about the relationship between two mothers in raising their kids? Among the ones I can think of are Eowyn/Lothiriel, Arwen/Eowyn, any of the hobbit wives of the Fellowship [Rose/Diamond/Estella]. I would love to hear Eowyn telling Lothiriel about Eomer as a boy and Lothiriel responding with stories about Faramir. Or the relationship between a woman and her mother-in-law? Rose, Diamond and Estella would be interesting with the complex hobbit relationships. How about Arwen and Gilraen talking about Aragorn as a boy growing up in Rivendell before Arwen met him? Or Findulas talking with her sister-in-law about Imrahil as a boy? Surely, there is lots to talk about as they watch their sons play together. RiverOtter

Re: Mother's Day

Hey Riverotter! I like the sound of this one. You can put me down for it! Cheers! Vistula

I would love to hear Eowyn telling Lothiriel about Eomer as a boy and Lothiriel responding with stories about Faramir. What's this...a writer, caught off her guard? You know...when I thought of this place as being a good way to end my 3 year writer's block...I really didn't intend to let a whole dark army of nuzguls attack me all at once...but this is too good to refuse... I'm in. ::sigh:: -Malinear

Ha ha... Ha ha ha ha... Bwa ha ha ha! This is the antithesis to writer's block. The yin of active!muses to the yang of writer's block. Come on, people: now all we need are three wonderful, lovely volunteers to make this a full challenge! Always, Allie edit: and I realize now that my volunteering!post didn't carry through... In short: I'm in. The one about Arwen and Gilraen caught my eye. So that's four: Vistula, Malinear, m'self, and Starlight. Closing date? Mothers Day of 05 would be an appropriate one. edit #2: and I realize that we are still short one volunteer. Ai... Any more takers? One teensy, tiny "I'm in" is all that's necessary!

I think I'm a raised hand Starlight

I count: me, Vistula, Malinear, Meril and Starlight. Mother's Day 2005 is perfect. That's May 8th. Meril, can you set this up please? RiverOtter

Will do, RiverOtter! Always, Allie

And Mother's Day is up and ready for entries! Always, Allie

Question: I've got an idea for a story for this challenge, but it's not exactly what's called for. Morwen and Theodwyn are minding their grandson/nephew Theodred, and discuss motherhood (Theodwyn's daunted by the idea; Morwen tells her about when her big brother and sisters were little). Is that acceptable as an entry?

I think so. They are talking about being mothers and the responsibilities of that job. There are a variety of relationships that can be contained within the mother/daughter dynamic. Morwen is helping her daughter cope with the responsibilities of motherhood and preparing her for the day Theodwyn will be a mother herself. RiverOtter

Right so. I'll sign up.

Got another one. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am perfecting my skills in 'encouraging' writers. Besides, I do feel feeding the Muse is important. RiverOtter

I do feel feeding the Muse is important. My Muse loves this forum - even if it takes it a while to get going. At first all it could bring me regarding this challenge was Theoden trying to sneak into it in drag because he's "the only mother Theodred has ever known".

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges