Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: Seven Deadly Sins Challenge

Seven Deadly Sins Challenge

This is a challenge I've suggested on two other archives and it did really well. (I originally got the idea from a Live Journal community that was multi-fandom) The stories can be drabbles, short fics, and/or longer fics. Basically - no set length suggested.

Pick 1-3 characters/pairings and include the same characters in all seven fiction based on the Seven Deadly Sins: Envy, Wrath, Lust, Sloth, Gluttony, Pride, Greed. It most likely would be Mature content but its possible to write one on Lust without it exceeding the PG13 level I'm sure And it would be nice to see characters not normally written about.

This one would need a long deadline since it is seven fictions.

Re: Seven Deadly Sins Challenge

Ah, good you mention that here. I wanted to write it a LONG time ago.

~Vilwarin 

Yeah I suggested it on two archives then never had the time to write it. Hopefully that won't be a problem now.

Yeah I suggested it on two archives then never had the time to write it. Hopefully that won't be a problem now.

Ooooh...sign me up. I suddenly have IDEAS. *tail wag* *rubs hands gleefully*

How long do the fics have to be? Are ficlets and drabbles enough?

~ Vilwarin 

I think so. I'm not sure what the challenge admins will decide but the other times this challenge has been posted elsewhere people did ficlets and drabbles.

That's great. It is for you to decide the particulars of your challenge. I already have two ficlets, then. That means I'm in.

Hmmmm .... I have some ideas for this challenge.  I'm interested. 

Quick question:  what's the difference between Gluttony and Greed?

Jay

gluttony is the over-indulgence and over-consumption of food, drink, or intoxicants to the point of waste.

Greed is excessive or uncontrolled desire for or pursuit of money, wealth, food, or other possessions, especially when this denies the same goods to others.

I couldn't phrase it better.

I guess we have four people interested. Don't we need five to make it a challenge?

I'm interested, too! Sign me up! Wink

Lets se: We have Alassante, Greywing, Jay of Lasgalen, Ti'ana Luthien and me. That akes five and we have a challenge!

How long do you want the deadline to be, Alassante? I'll set up the challenge then.

~Vilwarin

First let me ask how the deadline is set - the first chapter is posted by the deadline or the whole thing is completed by the deadline? Also - do the five people intend to write drabbles or ficlets or longer fictions? I'd hate to discourage someone from writing a longer fic by setting a short deadline.

Since this is my first challenge idea here, I'd love a suggestion. Grin 

Personally I know I'm doing ficlets so I will need probably 3 months to do all seven chapters (one chapter/ficlet per sin) since I have other WIPs right now too. But I'd need less than that if I just have to have the first chapter posted by the deadline.

WiPs can be entered into challenges, so if you have *something* by the deadline, that's fine. There's also a "no entry now" placeholder, which has allowed some people *coughlikemecough* to enter a challenge after it has closed, so long as the placeholder is taken out within the time period when the challenge was open.

So the deadline is a little less urgent than it originally was, when you had to have *something* by the day the challenge closed or you just couldn't enter it.

Three months sounds like a good time if you're aiming to encourage ficlets. You might even try a drabble or ficlet party for a particular sin to see if that helps inspire folks - some period of time where everybody concentrates on trying to write about, say, gluttony.

Dwim

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges