Forum: Prospective Challenges

Discussing: The Common People

The Common People

This is something I originally saw in X-Men fanfic and with the recent on-list discussions on expanding the world, I wondered how well it would fit here.

The basic premise is that rather than write about Aragorn, Galadriel, Frodo, or Hama, we write about the ones that weren't featured in the books. How did the Eotheod feel about their new land? What's a day in the life of a Minas Tirith washerwoman? The Dunedain and the Fell Winter? What's life like with a dragon for a neighbour? Is Moria a nice place to live and work? What about farming in Mordor - Yoke of opression or the fair hand of a glorious master? Hobbit servitude?

and so on. I've not developed this much, but are people interested?

The X-TCP archive can be found here http://www.subreality.com/tcp.htm

Re: The Common People

Um... isn't there a challenge called, I think, Anything but Ordinary, which is fairly similar?

Avon

Actually, I suspect this is the basic premise of the Anything But Ordinary, Please Challenge. Hmm... not too sure though. Must wait for confirmation on this one.

Arg!

That'll teach me to read the Challenges properly! It's definately the same nuzgul.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Prospective Challenges