Forum: Challenges: Story Discussions

Discussing: Brotherly Advice

Brotherly Advice

Avon's nuzgûl is now posted as a Challenge. I sort of assembled the wordage from the postings, so if anyone has amendments, revisions, etc. to the Challenge text, let me know and I will make changes as soon as possible. I, for one, would be interested to learn whether people might be interested in expanding it to include all older brothers and their younger siblings, or if this should stay on as a Boromir-Faramir nuzgûl exclusively. Anyone?

On the fly,

Dwim

Re: Brotherly Advice

I, for one, would be interested to learn whether people might be interested in expanding it to include all older brothers and their younger siblings, or if this should stay on as a Boromir-Faramir nuzgûl exclusively. Anyone?

Extending it would make it a nice complement to the mother and the father challenges that we've had. And there are always sisters, as well.

Dwim and Altariel
I, for one, would be interested to learn whether people might be interested in expanding it to include all older brothers and their younger siblings, or if this should stay on as a Boromir-Faramir nuzgûl exclusively. Anyone?

Extending it would make it a nice complement to the mother and the father challenges that we've had. And there are always sisters, as well.

I'd love to see it extended. Not only would it go well with the mother and father day challenges, but it would also be more open to other authors who are not so steward's family-obsessed (like I am) and would like to explore other possibilities.

I was thinking about it going with the fathers and mothers day challenges as well. I think you'll get a better response if it's opened up to other families as well.

Nic

Ok, I'm hoping Avon won't mind, but I did go and change the challenge to encompass advice given by any older brother to a younger sibling (male or female). Click on the link above to see the new text.

i think the expanded challenge is good. As mentioned, it fits nicely with the Father's Day and Mother's Day challenges. It also opens the challenge to all the ages and places of Middle earth instead of limiting it to just one place or time.

However, I think foster brothers and sisters should be included like stepparents or those who serve as parents were included in the Father's Day and Mother's Day challenges.

I was thinking of doing a piece about Elladan and Elrohir giving advice to Arwen about Aragorn. It could get interesting considering that they probably cause mischief and havoc with their younger brother.

Foster sibs are fine. Write, people! Write! ;-)

*waves* Finally made it in briefly. Work/life is a bit horrid atm but if I survive until Friday I get a holiday. Sorry to disappear mid-conversation. Given most people wanted something more general then obviously it should be the more general one - but if it's feasible and not too difficult then I'd like my name taken off as originator. I feel like I'm claiming credit for something I didn't really do as I didn't originate this challenge except in a very butterfly-coughed-in-China sort of way. If that isn't possible then no big deal.

Avon

Oooh, how fortuitous, a Challenge that fits my just cobbled-together vignette *or is that the other way round*

I've been away too long ... hope I've gone about this the right way please tell me if I'm transgressing - i'll withdraw right away.

~W

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Challenges: Story Discussions