Forum: Challenges: Story Discussions

Discussing: Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

This one is all about the stories that We Promise We Will Never Ever Write. That story 'inspiration' that makes us cringe in the light of day and go 'what was I thinking when I thought this up?' Embrace it. Summarise it. Let it go. Voila! Instant catharsis. Click here to see a full description of the challenge. The best part of this challenge is that you get to vent without spending too much actual writing time on it: just outline the Really Bad Story Idea and get a good laugh out of it, hopefully. cheers, Maya

Re: Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Hmm, Asterix & Cleopatra crossed with LOTR should do it. Boromir, the menhir salesman... *cringe* nrink

My summary is up, now. I hope that it counts, because I did write a portion of this story before, but not the whole thing. Plus, I don't want to ever write it again.

Hey CLF: your story outline gives a whole new meaning to the phrase 'elvish way with all good beasts'. nrink: Asterix in ME - wow. I guess that makes Aragorn, as the Chieftain, Vitalstatistix? And Gandalf would be Getafix, brewer of mysterious potions? I can't wait to see this one... Edited to add: folks, you should read Bezerker Prime's entry. Porpoises and Palantíri. Need I say more? cheers, Maya

"nrink: Asterix in ME - wow. I guess that makes Aragorn, as the Chieftain, Vitalstatistix? And Gandalf would be Getafix, brewer of mysterious potions? I can't wait to see this one... Edited to add: folks, you should read Bezerker Prime's entry. Porpoises and Palantíri. Need I say more?" I've never read ASTERIX in english, only en francais. I think the Chieftain's name is Assurancetorix, but maybe that's the minstrel. Love those books. Asterix is very hobbit-like, isn't he. I have read PORPOISES AND PALANTIRI - well done, Bezerker Prime! I loved the bit where Faramir keeps correcting Aragorn on the differences between porpoises and dolphins. Faramir's so cute when he goes into Research Mode.... RAKSHA

Heh. Great job, Bezerker Prime - I loved this bit: Why not simply rescind Eldacar’s “proclamation” so KoP can’t use the stone? o Turns out KoP is using Osgiliath-stone to protect “his people” from oncoming predators; it would be just plain mean-spirited of them. Now, if you did write that story, I'm sure you'll have us all in stitches. cheers, nrink

This whole thing is succeeding beyond our wildest nightmares! Keep these horrible stories coming, folks, and tuck some of these stories away to cheer you during times of emotional crisis, or very bad days at work. Ann

My entry for this challenge will be my first ever published fic. I'm hoping to get rid of all my bad ideas in one go. My badfic, when fully summarized, will include romantic issues fit for a third-rate soap opera, OOC-ness all over the place, and the ever-popular Mary Sue. Before this challenge I never realized what terrible things the human mind was capable of. Entries should be interesting, to say the least. Beruthiel

My entry, "The Fellowship of the Mink" is up. Hopefully, it's sufficiently awful for this challenge. cheers nrink

Now, if you did write that story, I'm sure you'll have us all in stitches. Ack! You're tempting me to write the thing! How could you!?! Glad you all got a kick out of it. ^_^ Bado na sídh. Berz.

Funny idea, Maya. I just tossed my hat in the ring. Don't know what it will be, but it will be certain to suck. Got my synopsis muscles all toned and ready . When I get in the right mood, I could probably churn these things out by the score. So, we shall wait and see when inspiration hits.

Hey guys, I can't believe I'm doing this, but LotR crossed with Velvet Goldmine and Queen of the Damned..stayed tuned for this one - it's in the process of being re-read and should be published soon! ;)

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been AWOL for a bit: what fun to see so many stories up under this challenge! insane cackling hastalavista and faelbain, welcome aboard! cheers, Maya

These are marvelous. I was laughing at the insanity and imaging some of these as actual stories. Keep those creative juices flowing. RiverOtter

I've just posted an answer to this challenge which would be Gary Stu-ish in the extreme if I wrote it out properly. It would also be very, very thick. Still, at least now I won't be tempted to write it seriously.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Challenges: Story Discussions