Forum: Challenges: Story Discussions

Discussing: Thranduil's Letter Challenge

Thranduil's Letter Challenge

You'll find Thranduil's Letter Challenge here Feel free to discuss.

Re: Thranduil's Letter Challenge

Well, as the original challenge was my idea, I've already added my response. I hope you like it - I've gone for sweet and fluffy. A King's Promise (This is the first time I've done a hyperlink. I hope it works!) Jay (Edit: Yes!! It works at last!)

Hi Jay! My response up as well - I'm going to try add a hyperlink too. Journey's End Bittersweet, full of sorrow but hope too, comments are more than welcome!

There's a request about this challenge I should have mentioned when it was still at the prospective stage. The Mirkwood Castle group, where this idea originated, was initially set up to promote Good!Thranduil stories, after we'd all read far too many where he was an abusive drunkard. So out of respect for their principles, can I ask that there are no Evil!Thranduil stories in this challenge? I'm quite sure there wouldn't be anyway, but just thought I'd ask. Thanks. Jay

Hello Jay! So out of respect for their principles, can I ask that there are no Evil!Thranduil stories in this challenge? I'm quite sure there wouldn't be anyway, but just thought I'd ask. Thanks. If you don't mind I'll put this request into the body of the challenge, as not everyone may pick that up at this forum. cheers, nrink (purveyor, feeder, tamer of quality nuzgul)

I saw Jay's challenge on the Mirwood Castle group first. Now that I've joined HASA (), I thought I would mention my story response to the Thranduil Letter since others have. What His Heart Spoke LKK

I saw Jay's challenge on the Mirwood Castle group first. Now that I've joined HASA () *waves back* Cool! You realize, of course, that after all the abuse poor Thranduil has gotten over the past few years, there's a lot of writing to be done for the poor fellow to dig him out from under his bad fanon reputation? Gonna need a *lot* of helping hands... with pens... Dwimordene *Go forth to fling and chuck the nuzgûl*

Welcome to HASA, LKK! I'm glad that Jay's little critter bit you. Here's to more nuzgul and more stories! You'll find that mithril shin-guards (or armour of any other type won't work around here... unfortunately. :-) If you're looking for comments on your story, you might want to do an SSP (shameless self promotion) on the HA yahoo list if you haven't already - I've got some helpful stuff on my work that way. If you have any questions on Challenges, please feel free to drop either Dwim, Karri or myself a line (we're the local nuzgul pet-shop keepers). cheers! nrink

Welcome, LKK! I'm glad you joined. I love this story, it's rare that we see this relationship in fics. Jay

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Challenges: Story Discussions