Forum: Challenges: Story Discussions

Discussing: Father's Day Challenge

Father's Day Challenge

Come here to discuss what Dad said/is going to say in your stories. This challenge closes July 1, 2003.

Re: Father's Day Challenge

I was glad to see the nuzgul bit, Dwim! Can't wait to see who is the ME father of your choice for this challenge...

I'm also looking forward to see Oropher/Thranduil, and, of course, Una's The King is Dead is a wonderful, wonderful story.

Looking forward to this, guys!

Avon, is there a way we can lure your son into the scene?

I don't know - do you think teleport is out of the question in Middle earth ? ;-) I'm going to have to make it very AU to bend time and get them together appropriately, I think. Still working on other options, anyway .I'd like to do something with Elrond and one of his Mortal foster children, because it must be like fostering children with a terminal illness or even progeria. They age so quickly compared to your own off-spring and from the moment you take them you live with their loss. They have to live with it too. Surely there must be words of wisdom Elrond could find for them, maybe even going back to his brother...

Avon

Interesting! I mean, very! And, it could turn quite angsty too. Anyone in particular you are considering for this? Arathorn would be fun, I think.

About your other idea... have you considered bribery? ;-) Well, a ME hero might not submit to that, but... anyway, I had to try. I'm curious, though, is you father/child relationship taken from the Sil or LotR?

Interesting! I mean, very! And, it could turn quite angsty too. Anyone in particular you are considering for this? Arathorn would be fun, I think.

Being rather boring it is turning into Aragorn and Elrond. I've got the title and I thnk the basic outline - now I just need time to write it and for it not to turn cutesie on me ;-)

About your other idea... have you considered bribery? ;-) Well, a ME hero might not submit to that, but... anyway, I had to try.

*grin* I may have thought of a way around it - and around the fact I realised I was breaking the challenge rules.

I'm curious, though, is you father/child relationship taken from the Sil or LotR?

Oh LOTR - I don't know wneough Slim yet to write in it. I'd say who it was except if I did write it a certain amount of surprise would be essential.

Avon

Second Prince

Rougir, I almost missed this one! We need to encourage you to SSP!

Thank you for a well-written and thoughtful story - I've often wondered how Faramir would handle explaining to his son what happened with Denethor: it's part of his inheritance and so needs to be told, but it's hardly the proudest moment in the history of the Stewards.

Re: Second Prince

Is it just me or is there something wrong with this story - every time I try to read it I get a zero word count and nothing is there.

Avon

Is it just me or is there something wrong with this story - every time I try to read it I get a zero word count and nothing is there.

No, it's not just you. I've been trying to read it since last night, and I get a zero word count too. And I really want to read it

~acacia

I had to go in sideways to read it - if you go to the story main page, click on 'Rougir', then click on 'Chapter One', it takes you to the story.

This has happened to me with other stories - I don't know if this is something to do with the story setting or is a glitch or what.

Got it now Thanks Una.

And thank you Rougir for a very beautiful story!

~acacia

My mistake! I think I forgot to make the chapter public before I submitted it! As you can tell I am still learning the ropes! Thanks so much for your feedback and I am very happy that I got over my shyness and decided to post! Your praise means a lot to me, especially from such good writers as yourselves!

Hi, all. I just posted a story I'm working on for the Father's Day Challenge as a Beta. This is the first fiction I've ever written, so if anyone has time to take a look and give me some advice I would be most grateful. Um... help ... I'm particularly concerned about whether the character's seem in character, whether the tone seems to work, and whether it has any interest as a story.

It's called "Adrah's Eyes."

Thanks!

flick

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Challenges: Story Discussions