Forum: Bug Reports

Discussing: Review button error?

Review button error?

I didn't see anyone else mention this - forgive me if someone already has.  When I clicked "Checkout Story for Review" it sent me back to the index page, and as far as I can see there is no way to get to a review form.  Going back to the story on the Review page just put me through the same process again.  I tried "Checkout Story for Review" with another story as well, with the same result.

I am a current Reviewer - I have reviewed successfully in the past few weeks and I assume that my status is still current.  There is a button that says "Deactivate My Reviewer Status" and I assume this would not be here if my status wasn't current.

I am in Firefox at present - I would try Explorer but I'm on dial-up at present (home for the holidays) and so my computer is very slow as it is.

Re: Review button error?

Hi thelauderdale,

This was reported earlier privately by another reviewer. It is a true bug in the code and is not a problem with your browser. There is a mismatch between your status as Reviewer and what the site thinks your access level is. I have just now updated your user profile to correct the mismatch.

I also had posted a short-term fix a little while ago (approximately 10:30 AM US West Coast time) and Rhapsody reported that it had resolved the problem for her.

Please try again. You may need to log out and log back in for the fix to take effect. The longer term resolution is to identify why there is a mismatch between access levels and reviewer status, which will take some research.

Anglachel

The fix for the problem is here: FIXED - Reviewers cannot get to reviews

"There is a mismatch between your status as Reviewer and what the site thinks your access level is. I have just now updated your user profile to correct the mismatch."

This fixed it.  I had to log out first as you said but when I logged in I was able to check out the story for review and fill out the review form per usual.  Thank you!

I am actually now having the same problem. I have not reviewed in awhile, but I had some free time today and found I could not check a story out. Is there anything that I as a user can do to resolve the problem?

The fix for the problem is here:

FIXED - Reviewers cannot get to reviews

Anglachel

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to Bug Reports