Forum: Fileg's stories

Discussing: Arrow

Arrow

I have a folder for this story over at the forum starlight challenge but I could not figure out how to link the story to that spot.

Re: Arrow

I could not figure out how to link the story to that spot.

Tay, were you wondering how to post the chapter under the HA Writers listing?

First you need to logout. Then log back in as HAWriters with the password "hawriters." Go to "My Stories" as you would normally and you should see the "Stargazers" story. Proceed with posting your story, set it to beta if that's what you want so that the group can see it, then log out. If I remember correctly you need to keep your time loged in as HAWriters to a minimum so that the others involved can access that link too.

BTW I did the fourth chapter of the Round Robin re: the rings - that's the only reason I know how to do this.

And if I misunderstood this, just thump me on the head!

~Nessime

Nessime,

Hey, I think the problem is setting up a link in Tay's story (posted in her fiction) to allow others to go over to the Stargazer's series. She was able to post her story in HA Writers and post a link to her other stories from there, just hasn't been able to link in the other direction. (I think - I pooped out at about 11:30 and left her in HTML limbo...)

I wasn't sure if that was what she meant or not. Thanks for clarifying.

Tay did mention over at the Stargazers discussion thread that you'd had to call it a night before she'd finished.

Maybe she should give her beta time and a-half in over-time pay!

~Nessime

BTW you guys are making me feel downright slothful! I need to work on my Father's Day challenge story. I think I know how to make it work now - but I can't seem to get my muse kick started (or sweet talked into co-operating either! ) ~N.

Actually, what I could not figure out is this: in the copy of the story in the challenge, and the one here as well - when it asks you if you want to link the story to a discussion (the automatic link at the top of the page) I wanted to link it to the starlight folder - I get a pull down that says choose, and then somethng like "other" - but I could not figure out how to navigate it to the right forum. (I may just have been over-tired and a little brain burned from going from 'no write' mode to 2 triolets and 2 new stories. (three triolets if you count the hamster in the challenge forum! )

in the copy of the story in the challenge, and the one here as well - when it asks you if you want to link the story to a discussion (the automatic link at the top of the page) I wanted to link it to the starlight folder - I get a pull down that says choose, and then somethng like "other" - but I could not figure out how to navigate it to the right forum

I don't think you're going to be able to link it because, so far as I can make out, you can only link to forums that you yourself have created. Since the starlight challenge forum was created by Starlight (using her own ID), you're not going to be able to link to it from your own ID or from the HA writers group ID.

But you could put link into the story, couldn't you? Just plain html, I mean.

Avon
PS: Let's be slothful together, Nessime! I have 3/4 of a page of Boromir - but he's stopped dictating, curse him, a 1/5 finished movier-verse story that ain't gone nowhere since I got involved with all of you mob ;-), a 3/4 finished Boromir and Elves story which may never have an ending, and half of a really goopy Father's day challenge that is looking more and more like compost

I don't understand why a simple hyperlink to the discussion page wouldn't work?

I didn't create the Verse and Adversity discussion, but I've included a hyperlink to it in another discussion.

~Nessime
*if I missed something can I blame it one the fact that it's 4:30 AM and I just crawled out of bed to go do an early airport run?*

Yes, certainly - I was just explaining why the automatic links at the top wouldn't work. Now I shall go and have coffee, in the hope that it will make me coherent

thanks for all the fish -- I mean, the input and ideas. I will go put a link at the bottom of the story!! I should have thought of that all along!!

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is closed to the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

« Back to Fileg's stories