Forum: Fileg's stories

Discussing: cywydd llosgyrnog

cywydd llosgyrnog

I am leaving this in V&A as well, hoping for some Beta help -

I spent tonight writing in a place that is not ready to be written, and when I stopped to make coffee, this came to me, entire -- and then refused all but two small attempts at editing. It is too undefined for How Do I, which is closed anyway – but it demanded my attention. Here’s your chance to Beta for me -- is there anything here, or is it just automatic writing that should be journaled and ignored? Does it say anything to you? I would dismiss it as simply personal, but of all forms, I never expected a cywydd llosgyrnog to appear fully formed in my mouth. Any input, please??

In dreams, I searched for my heart’s beat
each note was separate and discrete,
incomplete - yet from afar
came echoes, answering, that seemed
to know the answers I had dreamed
when redeemed by love’s northstar

Re: cywydd llosgyrnog

Don't dismiss it! It is, indeed, personal, but it did speak to me in a lot of different ways. I love it, and even more so for what it means. Please, don't dismiss it. I am very very impressed that you managed that rhyme in the middle of the third sentence (I don't know why I think that rhyme is so hard to get!) and it makes perfect sense with the rest of the poem. I am not checking for meter at the moment, but when I read it aloud, the last line didn't sound quite like the rest of it. Does it read like that to you, too? The meaning is perfect, though, and I like the thought of the northstar

I have to go now, but I'll be back to give better feedback, Tay. It is so amazing that this form is speaking to you so clearly! Good job!

Starlight

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is closed to the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

« Back to Fileg's stories