Forum: The Prancing Pony

Discussing: Finduilas epic?

Finduilas epic?

You knew I had to ask: how's this fic coming? Has it moved up the list of things you're working on?

Re: Finduilas epic?

Yes. It's in notes & outline stage.

Great. I'm looking forward to this one too.

I have created the story listing, though it is still off list. I have to get through my beta comments on Cel's Courting the Lady before I'll be able to set things down.

Dwim, you would know this, I bet. I'm faintly remembering a scene where Aragorn is going all noble on folks and the Hobbits (or someone, maybe it's Eomer) notice that he appears to have a faint crown of stars on his brow. Where is that scene?

Ang,
getting the research documents in order, and close to writing stuff down

I'm faintly remembering a scene where Aragorn is going all noble on folks and the Hobbits (or someone, maybe it's Eomer) notice that he appears to have a faint crown of stars on his brow. Where is that scene?

Ang, there is a scene in The Riders of Rohan in TTT where Aragorn declares himself to Éomer, and "He seemed to have grown in stature while Éomer had shrunk; and in his living face they caught a brief vision of the power and majesty of the kings of stone. For a moment it seemed to the eyes of Legolas that a white flame flickered on the brows of Aragorn like a shining crown."

Or is it a different reference?

Lyllyn

That's the one! Ooh, even better than I thought. Thanks much for the reference. It will figure strongly in the story.

And I found my names (thanks Dwim!) again for the sisters, so I'm ready to settle in and write some stuff.

Ang

I see the first snippet - yay!

As for names, for the prevention of fanon, I'm going to determine on the ones I will use for the sisters before seeing what you have...

Cel

Since my names are, erm, *weird*, yes, you will want to do that. But the eldest sister gets introduced in the next scene, so no more reading!

I have to do CtL for you, anyway.

Ang

Well, I think I've determined at least the older sister's name now, thanks to Joan, and have possibilities for the younger.

And if you have to do CtL, well, I still have to do OMY!

Cel

Well, that *is* the idea. ;-)

And I owe a bunch of other folks readings, too. Sigh. But the first snippet of HK is up, and I think I have a working outline. Gah, another bloody novel...

First chapter done. Intro of Denethor & Thorongil, with major cameo by Adrahil.

Chapter 2 from Finduilas' perspective underway.

Outline keeps changing on me, drat it all.

In Forums

Discussion Info

Intended for: General Audience

This forum is open to all HASA members. It is read-only for the general public.

Membership on HASA is free and it takes only a few minutes to join. If you would like to participate, please click here.

If you are already a member, please log in to participate.

« Back to The Prancing Pony