All fields are required
To join today, you must have been born on or before: November 27, 2001
- Screen Name - The name that you wish to be greeted by.
- Email - The email address where you wish any messages to be sent.
- Birthdate - We are required by US law to accept registrations only from individuals 13 years of age and older.
- How did you hear about HASA? - We like to know how members find us so we can understand our users better.
- What can I do if I'm a member?
Lots of things:
- Create a favorite authors list
- Create a favorite stories list
- Leave comments on stories
- Sign up for story update alerts
- Post stories
- Read the forums
- Review stories
- Add to the Research Library
- Open a workshop
- Create playlists
- And more!
- Why does HASA require membership?
- Spam - spambots are all over the web, ruining sites with gross ads and malicious posts. Requiring registrations keeps comments clean and conserves mechanical and human resources.
- Bad Manners - The best features are available only to members to prevent anonymous flaming, harassment, and other juvenile annoyances. If you want to put something in our database, you're required to leave your name. If all you want to do is read, the stories are freely available.
- Does is cost anything to join HASA?
- No, membership is free. If you would like to donate a few dollars to help defray hosting costs, we'd be grateful, but membership is free.
- I joined, but I never got my password. What's up?
- If you applied to HASA and have not received your temporary username and password, you may have entered your email incorrectly or your email may be rejecting our auto-reply as spam. Please contact HASA for help with your login.
- What are you going to do with my information?
- Who sees my information?
- Only people who need to know. You can see your info, of course, and can update it whenever you like. The Site Manager and Tech Support can see some parts of your information, but never your password. If you are a member, other members can see your name, but can't see anything else unless you give it to them, for example if you post a bio or say yes to the birthday list.
- Why do you need to know my birthdate?
- US law. We can't collect any information on anyone under the age of 13. Sites that don't ask you for your age are technically in violation of US law. There are a good number of parents who are members of HASA, and we take protecting minors seriously.
- What if I don't like what I get?
- Since it costs nothing to join, you haven't lost anything. There are no costs or obligations to signing up, and we think there are some pretty nice tools for readers and writers. New features are added throughout the year.
- Who runs the site?
- A lot of people run it. The code is owned and maintained by Anglachel, site support is done by a changing group of site volunteers, and the stories belong to their authors. No one makes any money off it. It's all a labor of love.