Comments for: Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Talk to JunoMagic

Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Peregrin_Ionad - 20 Jun 06 - 7:50 AM

Ch. 1: Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

I enjoyde this , but can I just ask,Is it the same day that they are drinking that Aragorn dies?

Go to Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Crowdaughter - 19 Nov 06 - 2:42 PM

Ch. 1: Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Wow. Just... wow. The ending is a shock, and gives the explanation for the desperate-slightly funny mood before. greatly done!

Aislynn

Go to Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Nieriel Raina - 19 Nov 06 - 3:17 PM

Ch. 1: Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Very interesting concept. Pulled off fairly well, I think, though I did suspect early on...  still, well written. Yes, I think I liked it.

NiRi

Go to Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Adaneth - 20 Nov 06 - 4:07 AM

Ch. 1: Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Oh, my.  <thumbs up>

This reminds me of when my field crew decided to cultivate their palates for single malts on Islay.  Smile  None of them could spring for Ardbeg, which wasn't on the open market then, but it sounds like this stuff is near kin.

Or maybe the triple-distilled stuff Martin Martin talks about in 1703: more than a rather wee dram was supposed to be lethal.

Slàinte--

Adaneth

Go to Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

JunoMagic - 20 Nov 06 - 5:01 AM

Ch. 1: Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Hello Adaneth,

Thank you for reading my story, and I'm really happy you liked it. As I am very much in awe of your writing style, that really means a lot to me!

Considering Ardbeg I have a bit of an anecdote I can share. My husband and I love single malt whisky. Including Laphroaig. This summer my dad was pensioned. One of his farewell gifts was a bottle of old Ardbeg. However, my dad really prefers blended whiskys. He tried the Ardbeg, and then gave it to us. Do I need to say how much we loved it? Sadly it's gone already...

However triple-distilled stuff that has to be suitably diluted to be harmless palatable sounds very much like Dwarvish whisky. Wink

Thank you again, for reading and for your kind comment.

Yours
Juno

Go to Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

JunoMagic - 20 Nov 06 - 5:03 AM

Ch. 1: Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Hello Niriel,

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment.

Well, it was difficult to hide completely where I was going from the beginning without coming across as a "cheat" - keeping the reader in the dark on purpose... I chose a middle road, and I'm glad to hear that it works for you.

Happy reading!

Yours
JunoMagic

Go to Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

JunoMagic - 20 Nov 06 - 5:06 AM

Ch. 1: Three Bottles of Dwarvish Whisky, One Dwarf and Three Elves

Hi Aislynn,

Thank you for reading my story and for taking the time to leave a comment.

I'm very glad you like the story, and that the atmosphere came across for you just the way I wanted it: desperate and funny at the same time. Because that's how life often is at those rough corners, where the provervial winds of fate blow the hardest...

All the best wishes,