Comments for: Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Talk to Agape4Gondor

Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Eloqin - 19 Jul 06 - 6:31 PM

wow, really great job, two thumbs up

Go to Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Aganaphel - 17 Sep 07 - 5:49 AM

Outstanding story you have here - I love it! Can't wait for more.

Go to Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

MrsBoromir - 22 Dec 10 - 4:16 AM

i dont think i have cried so much in any story... you write beautifully...i love your portrayal of denethor....

Go to Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Agape4Gondor - 26 Dec 10 - 4:56 PM

*blushes*

Thank you, MrsBoromir. I adore Denethor. I am grateful that the story touched you.

Agape

Go to Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Rugi - 02 Apr 07 - 7:24 AM

Ch. 36: Third Age 3017 - Part One

I was so happy to see this chapter.  I think I completely missed this update and I quite love this story.

You continue to do a great job portraying the Steward-family relationships.  I enjoy your take on Boromir which is very true to character.

I am also impressed by how you are showing Denethor's slow wearing away under the wait of the palentir - his conversation with Faramir where he swtiched between steady/competent and ... slightly off was an interesting way of showing the future.  Incidentally I really like the little foreshadowing lines you throw in.  When Denethor though "I will go mad," or Boromir said that Faramir was fit to be the prince, I got little chills.  Can't wait for more.

Go to Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Agape4Gondor - 03 Apr 07 - 5:40 PM

Ch. 36: Third Age 3017 - Part One

Thanks, Rugi, for the kind comments. Writing Denethor is a challenge - writing a Denethor who is believable, human, and not the wicked witch of the west, is awesome!

Fallen totally in love with the man, totally in love with his family, and totally afraid of where this is leading....

Thanks for reading and especially responding!

Go to Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Areil - 13 Jul 09 - 12:27 AM

Ch. 51: Third Age 3018 - Part Four

After reading about 50 long chapters, I really cannot believe Denethor made such grave error in interpreting his own vision.

1) He saw a boat of Elven-make

2) He saw boat by Rauros, (the northernmost reaches of Gondor), not by Osgiliath or any other part of Gondor.

3) How many of Gondor's heirs, where actually sent of to their last journeys on boats when they fall within its bounds?

Elven-make boat and Rauros, clearly pointed that Boromir was not going to die that way when in Gondor. How can Denethor miss those clues? Though he was losing his wits , but he definitely did not appear so witless to make such a fatal error.

Even if Denethor missed it, how can Faramir miss those clues? He is deemed wise, and had knack for questioning everything.

It is very clear that they where inviting Boromir's doom by sending him north, away from Gondor.

Go to Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Agape4Gondor - 13 Jul 09 - 9:00 PM

Ch. 51: Third Age 3018 - Part Four

I do not quite understand exactly what you are saying. I spoke with my beta too, Russandol, to see if she could shed light on your remarks, but she could not.

The Rauros 'vision' was in 3017, but ended with the boat crashing. As Galadriel says, visions cannot always be trusted.

In 3018, the vision was not Palantir inspired, therefore, it was truer to a vision than the one in 3017. However, it was still a vision.

Nonetheless, whether it was at the Rauros or Osgiliath (which is where I see it), it still was on the Anduin. Which is why Denethor sent Boromir north - BUT - northwest to the Bruinen.

If you would like to further discuss this, please write. I'm very appreciative of the time you've spent reading this tale.

Blessings,

Agape

Go to Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

littlehobbitlost - 23 Aug 09 - 11:00 AM

Ch. 53: Third Age 3019 - Part Two

Hi,

Just a quick note to say how much I am enjoying this story. Your writing captures the mood of the city and Denethor expertly. All these events conspiring to ruin the man. That he is still sane at this stage speaks volumes about his character.

Your dialogue and attention to detail are just brilliant.

Go to Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Agape4Gondor - 28 Aug 09 - 12:12 PM

Ch. 53: Third Age 3019 - Part Two

Ah, littlehobbitlost, my deepest thanks for your kind words. I agree with your assessment of Denethor - still sane is quite an accomplishment at this stage of the game.

Bless you for your review!

Go to Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

Ten Thousand Years Will Not Suffice

oshun - 11 Jan 06 - 12:48 PM

Ch. 61: Author's Notes

I was double-checking for an update--I know I'm on the list, but I was feeling antsy--and realized I hadn't read your "author's notes." I enjoyed them as much as the story. Nice work. I guess I really am a nerd.

Oshun