Comments for: Lords of Gondor

Talk to Linaewen

butski - 22 Feb 07 - 2:16 AM

I really like your story (I'm a Boromir fan). Smile
Even though it is one of the longest stories I have read, it did not feel long and I read it all in just two days, because when I started to read it, I was not able to stop.
I hope you'll post the next chapter soon. I'm really looking forward to it.
Take care.
- Butski

TamaraofGondor - 23 Feb 07 - 8:35 AM

I am a true Boromir fan and love to watch The Fellowship of the Ring often, putting myself through Boromir's death scene each time!  It makes me sad each time I watch the movie.  But now I put your story in at the end of the movie and all is ok.  This story is wonderful and it so realistic.  Keep up the great work!

Iva1201 - 08 Apr 10 - 8:24 AM

I would like to congratulate you on your fabulous story, The Lords of Gondor. I have managed to find it on another board too, up till chapter 45. It's a long and great read, well rivalling with my so far most favourite Boromir Lives! story "Boromir's Journey from Amon Hen to Minas Tirith." But I think I prefer yours style to the other story because it reminds me much more of Tolkien. I am very much looking to the next chapters (those after nr. 45), since I am very eager to see the reunions - Aragorn-Boromir, Boromir-Denethor and Faramir-Boromir especially. I mean, there is always something very special on Boromir in this kind of stories to acknowledge Aragorn as his future king - and Faramir's reaction to that.

Iva

Iva1201 - 16 Jun 10 - 12:37 AM

You know that I love to see each new chapter of this story! I am very happy that you have started to post again here for it means that you are going on with the story I like so much. Many thanks for that!

Wind Walker - 28 Apr 11 - 11:01 AM

Really enjoying this story - love AU Boromir lives fanfic. Thanks.

Agape4Gondor - 22 Apr 14 - 11:17 PM

I noticed I've missed a couple chapters. Glad I got caught up again. i do so love this AU story. You've got the voices down. I can just 'hear' Merry and 'see' Gandalf.

Wind Walker - 25 Nov 09 - 6:44 AM

Ch. 2: Hands of a Healer

Hooked after this chapter!

Kateydidnt - 28 Sep 08 - 1:37 AM

Ch. 8: The Burden of Fear

"Yes, he was there to witness the overthrow of Sauron and the fall of Mordor; but my father knew in his heart it was not the end. He feared that Sauron was not defeated forever: that He would rise again."

not to mention that sauron dwelt in Dul Goldor in southern Mirkwood for close to a thousand years. If Boromir thinks his people have been put upon by the shadow being so close then he does not realize how many years Legolas' people fouht against sauron before he ever returned to mordor.

dwelf - 29 Sep 06 - 2:12 AM

Ch. 16: Nothing Left But Memories

Hello,

It is a very nice story that you are enfolding.

So far, everything is realistic and credible. You go into details (like for Boromir 's wounds and Aragorn's healing)without making your story too long or heavy. It all fits well.

It was interesting that you did not concentrate on Boromir alone. You give us little scenes of what is happening at thesame time with the different parties of the company. So we can follow Tolkien'storyline and it does not upset yours. Well done indeed.  You have a nice look in the characters's relationships and feelings, with little details that make it all more real (Sam's thoughts over Boromir behaviour since he met him are very sweet and touching, Denethor's memories of his son are also very touching, bitter sweet, so very like him). And finally I am nicely surprised by your view of Denethor, he looks stern and authoritative but so much human as well. I have a very hard time imagining him crying (weeping) but you make it sound possible and I believe you.

Thank you for such nice story, I hope you'll keep posting. I am looking forward to it.

Dwelf

dwelf - 20 Nov 06 - 6:36 AM

Ch. 24: Battles Brewing

Hello,

sorry it took me so long to actually give a silly little comment ! I am hopeless!

I have been waiting for this update and I am very happy with it! You sound like a war strategist in front of a battlefield map, readying your troups for the battle. We can feel the tension in the air, the readiness for something to happen, soon. Like the Boromir's edginess, Faramir's bad feeling, even Aragorn and Legolas 's worries! It all fits nicely.

I suppose I am just being impatient but it feels like the story is taking longer. I am eager for some action now! Probably because we are into the myst of things. Now, you are getting into the real problem of Boromir's survival and its consequences within the storyline.   And for you it must be harder to write as well.

Good luck to you, and keep it up with all my heart! I really love your story. And even if I was (which of course I am not) the only one to read, please... promise you'll finish it...

Love *hugs*

Dwelf

Agape4Gondor - 29 Dec 06 - 8:55 AM

Ch. 25: Descent

Linaewen, One of your gifts is the superb detail you give to landscapes and such - I can feel the mist of Rauras on my own face.

BUT - the love of Boromir for him men and vice versa is the thing I love best when reading this tale.

Lovely!

IVIaedhros - 15 Jan 08 - 7:55 PM

Ch. 33: Calm Before the Storm

Marvelous...I've been absent from HASA for quite a while and completely forgot about this story until I happened to look in bookshelf on a whim.  I'm thrilled it's still going and thank you for your perseverance...BTW, have you considered posting this on fanfiction.net?

Kateydidnt - 28 Sep 08 - 2:52 AM

Ch. 34: Remembering Boromir

it has been a while since i read this-but i just caught up. i can't wait to see how you continue this.

Agape4Gondor - 18 Feb 09 - 8:00 PM

Ch. 36: Fateful Folly

Good grief - a few thing stood out in the midst of the tension...

First - Denethor's use of the palantir - he seemed almost to 'need' the thing. Chilling.

Second - Denethor's reliance on Faramir's obedience. I fear this will not end well for either of them.

Third - Ah ha! Could Eomer's men perhaps find someone???

Thanks for updating this!

Agape4Gondor - 16 Jul 10 - 8:15 PM

Ch. 42: Unexpected News

What a great chapter! I loved the friendships shared - in each of the three segments. Perfect. BUT - the best part was the ending of the chapter!  Whoo hoo!

Iva1201 - 25 Aug 10 - 4:21 AM

Ch. 42: Unexpected News

You know, this is one of my favourite chapters in your great story - I love the final sentences and the emotions that accompany them. (-: Sorry for not being able to comment sooner, my own internet connection is not working at the moment. Oh, and thank you also for the other update - I really liked that brand new chapter as well! (-:

Iva

Iva1201 - 18 Aug 11 - 8:43 AM

Ch. 46: A Proper Welcome

I think I told you this before - but just to be sure. (-: Great chapter, nice mixture of the presentation of the feelings and hopes of the common and mighty ones. I am really sorry that I am not coming to review regularly these days - but I am still enjoying this story very, very much. (-:

Iva1201 - 15 Feb 12 - 8:23 AM

Ch. 47: Battles Won and Lost

Sorry for the late chapter review, I am unfortunately always a bit disorganized with logins and passwords and I cannot remember the HASA one by heart - so it takes me always some time to post a comment and this time it was extremely long, sorry!

I liked how you mixed different lines of the story in this chapter, so that we are updated on what is happening where in the same time. (-: It was great to see the men of Gondor again, too (I like how you portrait each of them and their loyalty to the sons of the Steward (-:).

I keep my fingers crossed for us, so that you have time and INSPIRATION (-: for the next update.

Iva

Iva1201 - 26 Mar 12 - 8:44 AM

Ch. 48: Hope Stronger Than Despair

I generally like your writing - as you surely can tell (-: - but on this chapter especially I loved how you were able to portrait both the despair of the defenders of Osgiliath and the hope of those left behind in the White City. I am looking forward to Théoden and Éomer meeting Boromir again. (-:

Agape4Gondor - 30 Aug 12 - 11:27 PM

Ch. 51: A Meeting of Allies

My goodness, I think Boromir is nearing Minas Tirith. Hooray! Can't wait for more.

Love this line of Merry's... "His hand is gentle to me and his growling has nothing but love in it!"