Comments for: As the Tide by the Moon

Talk to EdorasLass

As the Tide by the Moon

Raksha The Demon - 18 Apr 06 - 11:25 PM

Ch. 23: The Serving Woman

Could there be a happy ending for Eledher and Theodred?  Hmm; Queen Lathwyn Eledher; has a nice ring to it.  Theodred has some major apolozizing to do first, though.

You haven't killed off Faramir, have you?  I don't like seeing him killed, even in absentia in an AU.

Go to As the Tide by the Moon

As the Tide by the Moon

EdorasLass - 19 Apr 06 - 8:50 AM

Ch. 23: The Serving Woman

Raksha -

Thanks! We'll just have to wait and see about that happy ending.  :)

And no, I haven't killed off Faramir - that was just an example of the inaccurate rumours going around.

Go to As the Tide by the Moon

As the Tide by the Moon

roh_wyn - 21 Apr 06 - 8:56 PM

Ch. 23: The Serving Woman

Well, that was certainly an unexpected turn of events! Can't wait to see what happens next...

Go to As the Tide by the Moon

As the Tide by the Moon

oshun - 22 Apr 06 - 10:55 AM

Ch. 23: The Serving Woman

Good storytelling. I was a few chapters behind and caught up today and was really surprised at where you have taken it. I cant wait for the next installment now! It started off sooo sad--

Go to As the Tide by the Moon

As the Tide by the Moon

EdorasLass - 23 Apr 06 - 5:08 PM

Ch. 23: The Serving Woman

roh_wyn - Thanks! I'm a big fan of unexpected turns of events, as I'm sure you can tell. :)

Go to As the Tide by the Moon

As the Tide by the Moon

EdorasLass - 23 Apr 06 - 5:10 PM

Ch. 23: The Serving Woman

Oshun - Thank you! I'm surprised where it's gone,too. This is really not what I had in mind when I started writing this story. But ah, well, it does what it wants!

Go to As the Tide by the Moon

As the Tide by the Moon

JunoMagic - 30 Apr 06 - 4:27 AM

Ch. 23: The Serving Woman

Now you have made me cry *twice* in one chapter.

I think this is my favourite chapter.

You make Minas Tirith come alive, and it's amazing to see it with the eyes of a stranger.  I love how you stay within character and realistic - how she would be mainly concerned with her life, and not with politics, how news would come to her by chance or not at all... how she would experience the evcuation.

Perfect. Just perfect.

I loved so many details: how you describe Minas Tirith, the market of the Rohirrim, the realistic details (the window in her chamber!) that make the scenes you write so authentic... how you describe the way Eledher is slowly settling in, how she comes to know real kindness for the first time in her life.

The kid is beyond cute. As always I can only admire how well you portray babies and kids so well.

And then the end.

THANK YOU!!!

Yours
Juno

Go to As the Tide by the Moon

As the Tide by the Moon

EdorasLass - 30 Apr 06 - 11:20 AM

Ch. 23: The Serving Woman

Juno - I just really want to thank you (and everyone who's commented) for NOT giving away plot twists in the comments. :)

Thank you! Somehow, it's easy for me to describe Minas Tirith as if I were a stranger to it. Plus there are so many little nooks and crannies and alleyways to describe - it's grand fun to think about!

And I was worried that I was getting OOC with Eledher - I was afraid that she was going to come across as suddenly too happy - so I'm glad I managed to keep her in character.

Go to As the Tide by the Moon