Comments for: From the Ashes

Talk to EdorasLass

From the Ashes

telpethoniel - 21 Feb 06 - 2:18 AM

This is very poetic, and I'm a published poet (hard cover book form) this is very well written

Keep up the good work

Go to From the Ashes

From the Ashes

Werecat - 05 Mar 06 - 6:06 AM

Hi there!

Better late than never, I guess. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed reading your story when it passed review. It was about time someone gave original characters a chance. :)

Werecat

Go to From the Ashes

From the Ashes

EdorasLass - 07 Mar 06 - 6:11 PM

Telpethoniel - Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

EL

Go to From the Ashes

From the Ashes

EdorasLass - 07 Mar 06 - 6:12 PM

Werecat - anytime's a good time for feedback :) .   I keep trying to think of something else to do with these two characters, because I like them myself, but so far, no nuzgul. Glad you liked it!

EL

Go to From the Ashes

From the Ashes

DKP - 23 Oct 06 - 5:10 PM

I was in the mood for a romance when I saw this in the Featured Story section, and what a reward! I fell in love with Mereneth and Renward. You fleshed out these OCs beautifully and gave them such a sweet courtship. It was nice to see, as Eomer said, "...that happiness has come of this war." The ending was very sweet, and I also thought you handled their first night together particularly well. I hope you find more stories for them - surely there's something to be written about a "regular" Gondorian making a new life in Rohan?

Denise

Go to From the Ashes

From the Ashes

RiverOtter - 24 Oct 06 - 7:59 AM

Bravo!  This is excellent with the shifting points of view.  The epilogue is poignant with Renward and Mereneth expecting a child while each thinks of the future and their love for each other.

Go to From the Ashes

From the Ashes

EdorasLass - 24 Oct 06 - 9:14 PM

DKP -

I'm glad to hear that you liked Renward and Mereneth - I was a bit hesitant to post something that had almost no canon characters in it!

I haven't really written anything post-War, but if I do, I'll make an effort to include these two OCs, because I really like them, too.

Thanks!

Go to From the Ashes

From the Ashes

EdorasLass - 24 Oct 06 - 9:16 PM

Hiya, Riverotter!

I'm still never quite sure where this story came from - it's so different in tone than the type of thing I usually write. Glad to hear you liked it, and  thank you so much!

EL