Comments for: Do Not Think Me a Dream

Talk to EdorasLass

Do Not Think Me a Dream

Agape4Gondor - 30 Jan 06 - 6:46 PM

The best thing about this website is that I can fall in love with the writing of so many people.  For the writing is so good and captures me fully.

Such is this tale.  I needed a little comfort and looked for tales by one of my favorite authors.  I thought I'd read most of her stuff... and up pops this glorious little one.  Just short enough to enjoy, but full enough to weep at.

Thank you for sharing it.

Agape

Go to Do Not Think Me a Dream

Do Not Think Me a Dream

EdorasLass - 02 Feb 06 - 8:24 PM

Agape - Thank you so much! This one kind of just popped up on me as well. I don't know that it was the most comforting thing you could have stumbled across, but I'm glad you liked it!

EL

Go to Do Not Think Me a Dream

Do Not Think Me a Dream

Raksha The Demon - 25 Dec 05 - 3:13 AM

Ch. 1: Do Not Think Me a Dream

A story as beautiful and sad as Finduilas herself.  She is well-written here, a wife and mother and above all, a Steward's Lady who is slowly succumbing to illness and exhaustion, despite her valiant attempt to resist both.  Her pride, which drives her to keep Sauron's insidious "oppression" secret from her husband, is very credible.  I have thought that Sauron could very well have turned some of his attention to Finduilas, rightly seeing her as Denethor's achilles heel, and mentally tormented her, driving her to an early death; particularly since Finduilas seems to have been vulnerable to sea-longing via her elven blood.

Finduilas' conviction that both her sons will be taken by the Shadow is heart-rending.  She is losing hope as well as strength.

Good story.

Go to Do Not Think Me a Dream

Do Not Think Me a Dream

EdorasLass - 30 Dec 05 - 10:59 PM

Ch. 1: Do Not Think Me a Dream

Raksha - Thank you! I've never had Finduilas talk to me before, and it was rather interesting.

I do think that she would be 100% convinced that her children would fall fighting Mordor -- she's got no reason to think otherwise, and that would be enough to drive anyone to despair.

Go to Do Not Think Me a Dream

Do Not Think Me a Dream

Honorius - 30 Nov 06 - 7:52 PM

Ch. 1: Do Not Think Me a Dream

Sweet (I know. it's probably an overused word by now) vignette. So little is known of Finduilas and this is an insightful piece.

Go to Do Not Think Me a Dream

Do Not Think Me a Dream

EdorasLass - 18 May 07 - 7:52 PM

Ch. 1: Do Not Think Me a Dream

Honorius -

I'm sorry I'm so behind on my replying, but thank you! Finduilas is one of those mostly blanks areas that are so much fun to explore - glad you liked it!

EL