Comments for: Yours to command

Talk to Lialathuveril

Yours to command

Lady Simbelmyne - 27 Mar 07 - 9:44 AM

Ch. 22: Fireflies

Well, Éomer is a true leader as expected, and...

...I am Desperately in love for this story...

Update soon, if you please.Wave

L.S.

Go to Yours to command

Yours to command

Lialathuveril - 28 Mar 07 - 6:24 AM

Ch. 22: Fireflies

Hello Lady Simbelmyne,

Yes, Eomer took the advice from the quotation at the beginning of the chapter, didn't he. He is learning slowly but surely!

More next week, I promise.

Lia

Go to Yours to command

Yours to command

Eilenach - 28 Mar 07 - 9:47 AM

Ch. 22: Fireflies

There are three things I especially liked about this chapter. One is that you got Elessar involved with his wonderful comment, "I know Éomer well, and believe me, there exists no man more honourable than him." It seems like her memory of this helped keep the conversation with Eomer from spinning downward into a series of misunderstandings again. Second, the continued misunderstanding that each thought the other was engaged! And third, the description of the dragon sleeping in Lothiriel was such a delightful picture: "It stirred and lifted its head, slowly stretching curled-up wings, and then with a mighty leap took off into the air. The dragon's deafening roar filled her ears, its fire flooded her veins, running like a wildfire through her, burning away all rational thought."

Go to Yours to command

Yours to command

Lialathuveril - 29 Mar 07 - 8:49 AM

Ch. 22: Fireflies

Hello Eilenach,
yes, I just couldn't resist having some more misunderstandings between the two, but they did clear it up in the end!

I have always felt that Aragorn and  Eomer were such good friends, so it seemed having a word with Lothiriel would be the kind of thing Aragorn would do (even though he got glared at by Eomer for his troubles...).

And I'm pleased to hear you liked the dragon. I've tried to include images of light, darkness and fire throughout the story, so the dragon seemed to fit beautifully.

Thanks for your review!

Lia

Go to Yours to command

Yours to command

Shandris - 08 Nov 07 - 2:41 AM

Ch. 22: Fireflies

What to say: I really liked the wedding rites. They simply seemed to be...likely (if I used the correct word ^^"). :-D

Go to Yours to command

Yours to command

Lialathuveril - 09 Nov 07 - 4:34 AM

Ch. 22: Fireflies

Hello Shandris,
that was quite a surprise to get so many comments, thank you! I really enjoyed writing those chapters with the misunderstanding between Eomer and Lothiriel. Hmm, I don't know what that says about my character?Wink

As for Eowyn, I thought she showed considerable restraint by not carrying through her threat, for I bet she was sorely tempted! And good to hear you enjoyed the wedding, I did try and come up with something that felt authentic to me.

Enjoy the rest of the story!

Lia

Go to Yours to command

Yours to command

Shandris - 11 Nov 07 - 5:03 AM

Ch. 22: Fireflies

No problem! ;)
I've spent last 3 weeks at home being ill so I finally had time for reading. Fanfiction is in fact terribly addictive... :-D

Go to Yours to command