Comments for: Mael-Gûl

Talk to Crowdaughter

Mael-Gûl

Balrog - 16 Feb 07 - 10:50 PM

I would like to congradulate you on your first fanfic.  It is a wonderful story that has made me cry in many places.  I now have a great feeling for the way elves were treated in their lands.  Maybe this did happen.

I would recommend this story to anyone who ever has been in love.  It has it in all the right places.  It also has Lord Elrond in a different frame of mind.

Go to Mael-Gûl

Mael-Gûl

Balrog - 17 Feb 07 - 11:51 PM

I read this story in 3 days.  Somehow it has been so powerful in my mind that I have decided to read it a second time.

There is a love here that cannot touch time.  Even between a Man and and Elf.

Thanks again

Jane

Go to Mael-Gûl

Mael-Gûl

Crowdaughter - 18 Feb 07 - 2:10 PM

Jane,

thank you for your very flattering comments.They made me blush!

There is a love here that cannot touch time.  Even between a Man and and Elf.

You are right that this is a love story at heart - albeit a desperate one, and with a twist.  Both of the main characters fight a desperaste fight for their own soul; and it is because of that love they might still have a chance.

Thank you again for reading and commenting!

Aislynn

Go to Mael-Gûl

Mael-Gûl

butski - 10 Jan 11 - 12:08 PM

Now that I have read this for the second time, I thought I better leave a comment:
I think this is a great story. Very dark and thrilling. I can't wait to find out what will happen next.
I'm impressed by your imagination and your ability to tell a story this long without it ever gets boring.
Thanks for sharing.
Take care and please keep up your good writing.
Best regards Butski

Go to Mael-Gûl

Mael-Gûl

Balrog - 14 Feb 07 - 10:54 PM

Ch. 3: Return to Rivendell

I have read only 2 chapters of your story and I think it is the best I have read.  It blew my mind for the better.  Hard to believe that something so simple could relieve the pain of something so great.  I will definitely finish reading the whole story.  I can't wait to read what you have in store for these people.

Again, GREAT STORY!!!!!!!!!  Wink

Go to Mael-Gûl

Mael-Gûl

Crowdaughter - 16 Feb 07 - 12:44 PM

Ch. 3: Return to Rivendell

Hi, Balrog!

Thank you for reading and commenting! I am glad you like it!

The spell and its repercussions is essential to the story.  So,  as simple as the cure is, do not be deceived: it is all about the implications, here.

Thank you again for commenting!

Aislynn

Go to Mael-Gûl

Mael-Gûl

Jael - 28 Dec 06 - 12:41 PM

Ch. 6: Elrond's Decision

Then I forced him to watch while I put his son under the Mael-Gûl!"

He chuckled with dark pleasure. "He nearly died of grief! It is well that an Elf under the spell can not give up his body and himself that easily, and will not die of grief

I think this was the line that made me realize your story was more than a simple exploitation fic.  There are far worse forms of torture than that of the body.  I still can't stand to read it unless I'm in an especially strong mood, and even so, it makes me want to cry.  Few stories do that.

Go to Mael-Gûl

Mael-Gûl

Crowdaughter - 28 Dec 06 - 5:28 PM

Ch. 6: Elrond's Decision

Jael,
thank you for your input and for your comments!  I greatly appreciate them!

I think this was the line that made me realize your story was more than a simple exploitation fic. There are far worse forms of torture than that of the body.

Indeed. However, the point is for the heroes to survive it, if possible (more or less) sane. This fic is very dark. But it is the way the characters are dealing with that darkness which is important, or at least that is what I am aimimg for.

I still can't stand to read it unless I'm in an especially strong mood, and even so, it makes me want to cry. Few stories do that.

Aii! Well, I am very flattered that my fic has the power to move you so, yet it was not my intention to cause you that much distress! However, I must confess that there are certain chapters where I myself had to drum up the courage to write them.

That is the reason why I give specific warnings for such chapters, and, if possible, even directions how to skip reading them without losing ones bearings.

Thank you again for your comment! -- Aislynn

Go to Mael-Gûl

Mael-Gûl

Balrog - 15 Sep 07 - 12:23 AM

Ch. 48: Shadow and Flame

I loved this part.  This is the kind of writing that inspired me to write.  You have a great gift when it comes to writing.  I hope that all will work out in the end.

Go to Mael-Gûl

Mael-Gûl

Crowdaughter - 15 Sep 07 - 4:13 AM

Ch. 48: Shadow and Flame

Hi, Balrog! Thank you for the praise; I am very glad you liked this chapter, especially since I was a bit hesitant about retelling so much of those scenes of the movie. But then, it was necessary for the story...

I hope that all will work out in the end.

We'll see... (*impersonation of evil cackle*)

Thank you for your kind comment! It made my day!  Smile

Aislynn

Go to Mael-Gûl

Mael-Gûl

Alcardilme - 10 Jan 11 - 9:36 PM

Ch. 53: The Lady Of Light

Very glad someone commented on this, else I would have missed the new chapter. Ah, the Fellowship is truly having their difficulties. All the way around.

Go to Mael-Gûl