Comments for: Aragorn's Moment

Talk to docmon

Aragorn's Moment

DKP - 25 Jan 07 - 10:55 PM

This vignette is both beautiful and heartbreaking. You did a wonderful job of revealing Aragorn's possible thoughts during that scene in FotR - very believable speculation and fitting the Aragorn I adore, too. There are so many phrases that I just loved. Great writing, and thank you for sharing it.

Denise

Go to Aragorn's Moment

Aragorn's Moment

docmon - 26 Jan 07 - 7:31 PM

Thank you, Denise! What a wonderful review. I'm glad you found my speculation believable - it is just speculation, after all. I had very little to go on.

Thanks again!

Go to Aragorn's Moment

Aragorn's Moment

docmon - 30 Jan 07 - 5:52 PM

Thank you! That's a wonderful compliment. I am so glad you found the vignette befitting Aragorn's character.

Go to Aragorn's Moment

Aragorn's Moment

Gwynnyd - 31 Jan 07 - 3:53 PM

Awww.... that's wonderful.

JRRT certainly put the poor man through the wringer, didn't he?   I was playing with an idea, and worked out Aragorn's movements, as far as we know them, in the summer of 3018.  I had not previously put the clues together, and I finally noticed that Aragorn was told about Frodo and the Ring in May when he met Gandalf at Sarn Ford. He had the whole summer to worry about what it would mean for the future. The 'hopeful fatalism' you give him here, seems just right to me.

Gwynnyd

Go to Aragorn's Moment

Aragorn's Moment

docmon - 03 Feb 07 - 6:46 PM

Thank you, Gwynnyd! He did go through the ringer, though it's not realized sometimes. 'Hopeful fatalism,' huh? That's a new term for it! But I'm glad you like it!

docmon

Go to Aragorn's Moment

Aragorn's Moment

RS - 25 Jan 07 - 2:41 PM

Ch. 1: Aragorn's Moment

Wow! I thought the original drabble was powerful, but, this just blew me away.  So much going on... how can one man take this!

"Then a sudden calm had fallen upon him..." such realizations..the acceptance of what might or might not happen!

This is one of a few writings that stressed me out and yet gave shivers down my spine.  I'm glad you brought this back for the better.

Go to Aragorn's Moment

Aragorn's Moment

docmon - 26 Jan 07 - 7:34 PM

Ch. 1: Aragorn's Moment

Thank you, RS, for taking the time to comment. I'm thrilled to know that I gave you shivers! You've made this writer a happy camper!

Grin

Go to Aragorn's Moment

Aragorn's Moment

Linda Hoyland - 27 Jan 07 - 4:58 AM

Ch. 1: Aragorn's Moment

I loved this,you truly show a glimpse into Aragorn's soul.

Go to Aragorn's Moment