Comments for: Lothiriel's Journal

Talk to Lady Bluejay

Nath - 14 Jul 07 - 6:29 AM

Ch. :

Sweet Wink

whitewave - 12 Apr 08 - 11:20 PM

Ch. :

I found the conversation between Eothain and Eomer very amusing, esp. the former's snide references to the King's possible preference for Lothiriel's brothers.

Also laughed out loud when Erchirion caught them spying.

Lady Bluejay - 13 Apr 08 - 1:21 AM

Ch. :

Hi Whitewave,

Very pleased to receive your comment - but - *goes red with embarrassment*- it made me realize I have not put all the proper bits back since the story went for review nearly a year ago!  EmbarassedSo apologies to any who have read since then. LBJ

whitewave - 26 Apr 08 - 10:11 AM

Ch. 1: Prologue

I have read your stories and I like the "ambience" everytime.  It's so easy to get immersed in the world you paint.

For this chapter, I particularly liked the smart dialogue between Eothain and Eomer.  I liked how you fleshed out Eomer's character - who I felt was so under exposed in the books.

My favorite scene here was the part where Eomer mistakes Lothiriel for another woman and how he reacts to it.

whitewave - 26 Apr 08 - 10:20 AM

Ch. 2: Lothiriel's Journal 1

Lothiriel and Anniel's dialogue is like a perfect foil against Eomer's and Eothain's.  Liked the way you described Dol Amroth.

whitewave - 26 Apr 08 - 10:32 AM

Ch. 3: Lothiriel's Journal 2

Liked her initial reaction to his likeness and the allusion to Hador Goldenhead.  Enjoyed the build-up of anticipation for their first meeting which you successfully did with this chapter.

whitewave - 26 Apr 08 - 10:39 AM

Ch. 4: Lothiriel's Journal 3

I thought the scene between Lothiriel and Amrothos was sweet.  When I first read this it was easy for me to imagine the emotions that she must feel and her excitement in seeing the man she is engaged to.  Totally romantic, this.

whitewave - 26 Apr 08 - 10:48 AM

Ch. 5: Lothiriel's Journal 4

Enjoyed Belechtor's work very much--if only for laughs and not for sound advise! May I be so bold as to request that you publish a few "interesting" chapters?

Aunt Ivriniel is a very interesting character.

Lady Bluejay - 27 Apr 08 - 9:39 AM

Ch. 5: Lothiriel's Journal 4

Hi Whitewave, Thank you for all your comments. It was a challenging story to write – what with Lothíriel's thoughts in the present, her reading from her diary, and then reliving the past. But it was also fun.

As for Belecthor – what a good idea to have some of his work published. But we will have to speak nicely to Lialathuveril, as he is her character - I just borrow him occasionaly!

Glad you enjoyed. LBJ

Nath - 21 Jun 07 - 10:47 AM

Ch. 6: Lothiriel's Journal 5

Stalk... Sap...

ROTFLMAO

You nearly cost me a keyboard.

Lady Bluejay - 21 Jun 07 - 11:05 AM

Ch. 6: Lothiriel's Journal 5

Stalk and sap -- they do rather conjoure up an interesting picture in one's mind!

whitewave - 26 Apr 08 - 10:55 AM

Ch. 6: Lothiriel's Journal 5

Enjoyed Aunt Ivriniel's instruction very much.  Laughed out loud on how she described the activity she so abhors.  Esp. what she thinks of while she's doing it.

A very entertaining chapter.

whitewave - 26 Apr 08 - 11:02 AM

Ch. 7: Lothiriel's Journal 6

Liked their first meeting very much. Both  romantic and funny.

Nath - 30 Jun 07 - 12:40 AM

Ch. 8: Lothiriel's Journal 7

Aww... poor frustrated Lothíriel. Having to wait Laugh out loud

Lady Bluejay - 30 Jun 07 - 6:26 AM

Ch. 8: Lothiriel's Journal 7

I agree, Nath. They seemed to have to wait such a time for anything to happen in those days. Look how long poor Aragorn had to wait! LBJ

Nath - 08 Jul 07 - 5:01 AM

Ch. 9: Counting the Days 2

*g* I'm certain Eomer appreciates the advice from his friends...

Lady Bluejay - 08 Jul 07 - 6:03 AM

Ch. 9: Counting the Days 2

Hi Nath,

I am sure he does. And Eothain can always be relied on to come up with just the right words! LBJ

whitewave - 26 Apr 08 - 11:16 AM

Ch. 9: Counting the Days 2

As always, loved the lines you wrote for Eothain!

whitewave - 13 Apr 08 - 1:21 AM

Ch. 10: Lothiriel's Journal 8

Loved this very much. I will read your other stories and post comments for them as well.

whitewave - 26 Apr 08 - 11:26 AM

Ch. 10: Lothiriel's Journal 8

I've never read satisfactory Eomer-Lothiriel pairings before, yours would be the first I really liked. All versions are so romantic!