Comments for: Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Talk to Darth Fingon

Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Jay of Lasgalen - 01 Oct 07 - 4:22 PM

I think I remember reading this a long time ago, but the story was never finished.

I hope the fact that you're re-posting means it will be concluded!

Go to Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Darth Fingon - 02 Oct 07 - 9:55 PM

Thank you, Nath and Jay, for your comments.

Nath: I'm sure that at one point, I was spending far more time on linguistic research than on actually writing this.  Just so you know where my real interest lies...

Jay: Yes, this is an old one.  A January 2003, to be precise.  But after revising all the old chapters, I've started working on it again, and have chapter 5 planned and underway.  New stuff to be posted soon.

Go to Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Adaneth - 15 Oct 07 - 12:12 PM

My, what a tangled bit of interlace this is!  Poor Elrohir.  See what happens when you aren't exposed to Gallifreyans when you're young and impressionable?

A nice job on the earliest Elves, and on the implications of the cultural changes he made.  Presumably the Second People (and the, ahem, Dwarves Wink ) would have showed up at some point anyway . . . or has the whole overarching Song changed?

I look forward to finding out as you go on!

Cheers--

Adaneth

Go to Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Gwynnyd - 16 Oct 07 - 12:11 PM

very interesting.  I am quite looking forward to seeing "Fainaur" grappling with silmarills. And just who are the 'eneny' in this reality?  I have some suspicions...

Go to Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Darth Fingon - 18 Oct 07 - 11:46 AM

Thank you for your comments, Adaneth and Gwynnyd.

Since you both brought up similar points, about Men and Dwarves and the unnamed "enemy" here, all I have to say is... who might Morgoth have targeted after Sauron failed to corrupt the Elves? Nyeh heh.

Go to Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Adaneth - 19 Oct 07 - 4:40 AM

You're just trying to scare me, aren't you?  Rolling my eyes

(Pardon me . . . .  I have to go build a sea-going fortress.)

Cheers--

Adaneth

Go to Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Nath - 01 Oct 07 - 12:39 AM

Ch. 3: Four Rings 3

Fascinating! I look forward to seeing where you will take this (and I love the details like linguistic differences that you've put in so far).

Go to Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Olorimë - 09 Jul 11 - 11:05 PM

Ch. 4: Four Rings 4

Wow, your mind works in very interesting ways.  This AU is very engrossing.  I hope you update soon.  You know, I do not only like your "bad fiction," like you called your Lauron Nama series.  You are a talented writer. It is a joy to read your stories filled with thought provoking situations and new twists to familiar characters.

Please update soon -- in the next five years perhaps?  ;)

Go to Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Nath - 06 Feb 09 - 10:26 PM

Ch. 5: Four Rings 5

Despite all the changes that have been wrought by Elrohir's actions in the earlier chapters, everything is still recognisable, and logically derived from those changes, though I doubt Elrohir is finding this new reality much to his liking at the end of this chapter.

Definitely enjoying this one...

Go to Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Four Rings for the Elven Kings

Darth Fingon - 10 Feb 09 - 9:26 AM

Ch. 5: Four Rings 5

Thanks for the comment, Nath.

And you're very right: Elrohir is growing less than pleased with the new reality.  Only problem is, with the new Ring of Time so corrupted, he may not want to risk going back.  But first, he and Feanor will have some explaining to do to Dior in regards to the trouble they've caused...

Go to Four Rings for the Elven Kings