Comments for: Waterloo

Talk to Lady Bluejay

Waterloo

Nath - 05 Jan 08 - 11:00 PM

Ch. :

I'm not sure I needed this much detail on the Houses of Healing before breakfast Sick , but well done! Especially with the small touches of humour in an otherwise very grim situation.

Go to Waterloo

Waterloo

Lady Bluejay - 06 Jan 08 - 1:00 AM

Ch. :

Maybe I should have put a warning - not to be read before breakfast!

The final part is not quite so grim. That's where the romance comes in. Wink

Go to Waterloo

Waterloo

Freyalyn - 07 Jan 08 - 1:49 AM

Ch. :

Well, an original way of getting them to meet!

What fun.

Go to Waterloo

Waterloo

Lady Bluejay - 07 Jan 08 - 5:41 AM

Ch. :

Hi Freyalyn,

Well, an original way of getting them to meet!

I'd say it certainly beats a formal dinner party.

Thanks for commenting.LBJ

Go to Waterloo

Waterloo

oshun - 07 Jan 08 - 1:47 PM

Ch. :

Well done, Lady BJ. "she stopped dead, ramming her hand against her mouth to prevent a gasp escaping" -- You caused me to have almost the exact same reaction. Great scene.

Go to Waterloo

Waterloo

Adaneth - 10 Jan 08 - 9:34 AM

What a great story, Lady Bluejay!  I love the details of the horses in the streets, and Gailrin, the "Iron Lady" of Gondor.

Oh, and the unorthodox first glimpe of the king, too.  Of course.  Grin

Cheers--

Adaneth

Go to Waterloo

Waterloo

Lady Bluejay - 11 Jan 08 - 3:45 AM

Hi Adaneth,

Thanks very much for your comment on Waterloo.  It troubled me that nothing was ever mentioned about the horses - thousands to feed and with the Pelennor trampled and spoiled by battle. So I decided the grass would still be OK on the way to Lossarnach for the masses, but the nobility would keep their mounts close by.

Glad you enjoyed. LBJ.