Comments for: On the Wings of the Storm

Talk to Lialathuveril

SheWhoWeeps - 05 Apr 08 - 1:56 AM

looove it! UPDATE!

fairyfaye - 20 Sep 08 - 8:55 PM

I just discovered this story last night and finished it today.  I've been on a hunt for good Eomer/Lothiriel stories lately, and they're so difficult to find!  Keep up the good work.

Lialathuveril - 21 Sep 08 - 11:15 AM

Hello Fairyfaye,

thank you! If you're interested in Eomer and Lothiriel, I have several other scenarios about how they met, which you might enjoy if you liked this one.

I can also recommend the stories by my beta, Lady Bluejay, who writes about this pair as well.

Thanks for reviewing and I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the tale.

curiouswombat - 21 Oct 08 - 3:18 PM

Just a note to say how much I am enjoying this story.

Lialathuveril - 22 Oct 08 - 6:06 AM

Hello Curiouswombat,

thank you! It's good to hear that you're enjoying my tale.

JenAnnBradley - 04 Dec 08 - 11:19 AM

Dear Lia:

I've read most of your E/L stories before and never reviewed, so I owe you. Last night I finally delved into this story, and I didn't stop reading until 3:00 AM in the morning when I reached the end of Chapter 23. How glad I was to see Chapter 24 today! I am especially pleased that Eomer and Lothiriel have made up.

Your love stories are always filled with such yearning that by the time you get to the big kiss, I almost feel like crying for joy. Because you write such wonderful, tension-filled build-up, your kissing scenes are some of the best in fanfiction.

I also found it interesting how you've successfully engineered this entire plot to take place during the Ring War. It's an interesting departure from the usual Princess-meets-King scenario, and one that, but for your good writing, would seem implausible. At any rate, I really enjoyed how you were able use Lothiriel's presence to show Grima's influence over the King and its effect on the court and Eowyn in particular. Eowyn is my favorite character, and I liked to see your portrayal of her as a strong, almost cold woman who, despite occasional signs of thawing, Lothiriel can't quite crack.

I don't think, however, that it was right for Lothiriel to lie to Eowyn, who would have understood the truth. Moreover, I think Lothiriel would have known this, and that therefore it was . . . not exactly self-centered, but naive perhaps for her to lie both to Eomer and Eowyn, on the assumption that they would react so badly as to be completely unable to control themselves. But I suppose that Lothiriel was just under Grima's bad influence and was somehow unable to think clearly.

Even so, female friends confide in other female friends. I think Eowyn would be hurt that Lothiriel had not trusted in her confidence. So I am looking forward to seeing Eowyn's reaction to her brother's engagement.

Thanks for posting!

Lialathuveril - 06 Dec 08 - 3:00 AM

Hello Jen,
I'm pleased to hear I managed to keep you up half the night! And that you enjoyed Éomer and Lothíriel resolving their misunderstandings.

The fact that the story is set during the Ring War is what initially drew me to this scenario. My other stories are set after the war, so this allowed me to play with new characters like Gríma and Théoden. Also I wanted to see if I could plausibly fit Lothíriel into the hidden story and show some of the civilian side of the war. Choreographing her movements so she would not collide with Tolkien's story was a challenge I enjoyed.

You said that it wasn't right for Lothíriel to lie to Éowyn and I agree with you. Lothíriel realised it herself, even while doing it, but she saw no other way out of the awful situation she was in. I think she might have reacted out of shock to some degree and just felt that if she told Éowyn, Éomer would hear about it. She's only nineteen after all and must have felt very isolated, with no guard and several weeks' travel away from home. But I think it will take a while for Éowyn to forgive her!

Thank you very much for your kind comments! And I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the story as well.

disa - 09 Apr 08 - 1:54 PM

Ch. 4: Chapter 4

Omg! I don't know what to say... Thanks? More? Pretty please?  No idea why there aren't ten comments expressing worship on every chapter you've written so far;)

Adaneth - 09 Apr 08 - 3:03 PM

Ch. 4: Chapter 4

Well, I guess she will have something to visualize as a target during her archery practice!

Very nice!

Cheers--

Adaneth

Lialathuveril - 10 Apr 08 - 11:48 AM

Ch. 4: Chapter 4

Hello disa,
it's good to hear you're enjoying the story! I intend to post another chapter next week, but then will have a bit of a break as I'm going away on holiday.

Thanks for reviewing!

Lialathuveril - 10 Apr 08 - 11:49 AM

Ch. 4: Chapter 4

Hello Adaneth,
that should improve her skills, shouldn't it. Nothing like the right kind of motivation to get you going...

Thanks for reviewing!

Finnoula - 26 Sep 08 - 1:49 PM

Ch. 18: Chapter 18

Ha!  Wonderful!  I fully enjoy how you leave every chapter as a cliff-hanger to leave the readers wanting more.  This is so good, so well written, I can't wait for the next chapter.  Thank you for sharing this, Lialathuveril! :]

Lialathuveril - 27 Sep 08 - 12:11 PM

Ch. 18: Chapter 18

Hello Perstephone,

I'm afraid it's become a bit of a bad habit of mine to always end the chapter at an 'interesting' point ;-)

But I try to do my best to update regularly and not leave my readers hanging too long.

Thanks for reviewing!

Finnoula - 08 Oct 08 - 6:30 PM

Ch. 19: Chapter 19

Goodness, I love the tension you build when you write! Every technical aspect of this story is on point, and I especially enjoy Lothíriel's internal dialogue. THIS STORY IS WONDERFUL. THANK YOU FOR SHARING! All hail Lialathuveril :)

Lialathuveril - 09 Oct 08 - 12:10 PM

Ch. 19: Chapter 19

Hello Perstephone,
thank you! I have found that the first person viewpoint really helps me get inside Lothiriel's mind.

And in a way the tension is intensified by the troubled times they live in. And the fact that they never have enough time to talk!

Thank you for your comment!

Finnoula - 20 Oct 08 - 3:25 PM

Ch. 20: Chapter 20

Another excellent chapter!  Wow wow wee wow!  Finally!  I was beginning to wonder when they'd finally kiss :]  So, so good.  Thanks, girl.

By the way, do you prepare outlines for your stories before you write them?  They are so well thought out!

Lialathuveril - 22 Oct 08 - 6:05 AM

Ch. 20: Chapter 20

Hello Perstephone,
well, I thought Lothiriel deserved a kiss before Eomer rides off to war! Although I did not think they'd have the time to resolve all their problems.

As for your question, I write an outline before I start a story, but as the saying goes: no battle plan survives first contact with the enemy. So my stories usually end up quite different from what I had planned.

Thanks for reviewing!

LdyElf23 - 24 Oct 08 - 4:32 PM

Ch. 20: Chapter 20

Hi! I'm really enjoying this story! There are too few Éomer/Lothíriel stories in my opinion. Well too few Éomer stories period. I am eagerly awaiting the next chapter, although it's driving me nuts that Éomer still doesn't know why she left Edoras. Oh, the angst! ;p

I'm wondering where Lothíriel is going to be for the battles of Pelenor, and The Black Gates. I hope her hair grows out before she gets back to Gondor! That would be bad if it didn't.

Keep up the exemplary work!

^-^

LdyElf23

Lialathuveril - 25 Oct 08 - 8:42 AM

Ch. 20: Chapter 20

Hello LdyElf23,
I agree there are not enough Éomer/Lothíriel stories around. But I'm doing my best to fill the gap! Wink

Lothíriel will stay in Helm's Deep for the duration of the war, as travelling is really not safe at the moment. As for her hair, it will take time to grow back to its original length, so her relatives are in for a bit of a shock. Although she'll come up with quite a creative explanation for it.

Thanks for reviewing!

LdyElf23 - 12 Nov 08 - 9:58 PM

Ch. 21: Chapter 21

*squeee*

I'm exited! I wonder what sex Ceolwen's baby is going to be? I can't wait till Lothíriel is finally reunited with her family and Eomer! I'm still fretting over the all the angst. What is Eomer thinking after the kiss? When will he finally be told the truth of why she left Edoras? Will Prince Imrahil and Eomer talk about what happened with the Princess in Rohan?  I can just see all the male posturing from here!

Please update as soon as you can.

LdyElf23   ^_^

Lialathuveril - 13 Nov 08 - 8:04 AM

Ch. 21: Chapter 21

Hello LdyElf23,
I'm planning to post another chapter tonight or tomorrow, so you'll find out soon about the sex of Ceolwen's baby. It will have a special birthday, anyway.

About Imrahil, somehow I do not think Eomer will want to go into too much detail about his relationship with Lothiriel - or he might have some explaining to do!

And most of your other questions should be answered within the next few chapters, so I don't want to give anything away.Wink

But I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the story!

LdyElf23 - 13 Nov 08 - 11:15 PM

Ch. 22: Chapter 22

Gah! Another cliffhanger!

Great chapter as usual. Again I'm sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the next chapter! I think the whole bare feet thing is cute, and I can just picture Lithiriel atop her horse looking like a little wafe.

Keep up the great prose!

LdyElf23  Cool

Lialathuveril - 14 Nov 08 - 12:18 PM

Ch. 22: Chapter 22

Hello LdyElf23,
you didn't expect a not-cliffhanger from me, did you? And I'm afraid it will only get worse in the next chapter.

But we'll see if the bedraggled look appeals to Eomer Wink

Thanks for reviewing!

LdyElf23 - 30 Nov 08 - 4:32 AM

Ch. 23: Chapter 23

Another wonderful chapter! Those Swan Knights with Nimphelos should dive for cover! I'm hoping to see those snooty Noblewomen put in their place. Can't wait for the next chapter! ^_^

LdyElf23

Lialathuveril - 04 Dec 08 - 9:08 AM

Ch. 23: Chapter 23

Hello LdyElf23,
sorry for my late reply, but real life kept me really busy this week! On the plus side, I will publish the next chapter tonight, so you won't have to wait much longer to find out what Firefoot plans - and whether Eomer decides to take a leaf out of his book!

Thanks for reviewing.

LdyElf23 - 30 Dec 08 - 9:29 PM

Ch. 24: Chapter 24

Finally he knows! And that whole conversation was very well written. I especially liked when Eomer said he was going to kill Grima.

"I will ride to Isengard and take that tower apart stone by stone - with my fingernails if I have to. And then I will..."

That had me laughing so hard. And they are so sweet together!

I'm going to read the next chapter now, and will review it as soon as I have the time.

LdyElf23Grin

katymol - 31 Dec 08 - 7:08 AM

Ch. 25: Chapter 25

lovely chapter and a really beautiful story

LdyElf23 - 31 Dec 08 - 1:12 PM

Ch. 25: Chapter 25

Hi!

What a great chapter! Hopefully, now that she has something to occupy her mind Lothíriel will be able to get some sleep. I'm exited to see what happens when Eomer gets there.

Keep up the great work!

LdyElf23 ^_^

Lialathuveril - 03 Jan 09 - 12:09 AM

Ch. 25: Chapter 25

Hello LdyElf23,
thank you for your comments! I thought it was time for Éomer and Lothíriel to clear up their misunderstandings at last. Although there are still a few minor bumps to come before they reach the happy end.

And Éomer will be back in the next chapter!

Lialathuveril - 03 Jan 09 - 12:10 AM

Ch. 25: Chapter 25

Hello Katymol,
I'm pleased to hear you're enjoying my story. Thank you for leaving a comment!

Freyalyn - 03 Feb 09 - 1:05 AM

Ch. 29: Chapter 29

I like your marriage vows - very fitting for the Rohirrim.

Getting Imrahil to the end of the day might be a bit of a task too...

Lialathuveril - 04 Feb 09 - 12:06 PM

Ch. 29: Chapter 29

Hello Freyalyn,
I wanted to take up the word game with kennings from an earlier chapter, so the wedding vows seemed a good opportunity. And I think Imrahil deserves a drink now!

Thanks for commenting!