Comments for: Will Overruled By Fate

Talk to oshun

Will Overruled By Fate

illereyn - 30 Aug 08 - 8:58 PM

What a wonderful and interesting story, Oshun! I liked your characterisation fo Celeborn, Haldir and Beleg very much - unique but very believable. I also liked your description of gorgeous Celeborn!

illereyn

Go to Will Overruled By Fate

Will Overruled By Fate

oshun - 01 Sep 08 - 2:36 PM

Thanks, illereyn. I am delighted you liked the story. Especially glad you liked Celeborn. I have always liked him. Although he was a bit of stretch from canon in this one, I truly hoped he had a certain appeal.

Go to Will Overruled By Fate

Will Overruled By Fate

Thevina Finduilas - 20 Feb 09 - 5:41 PM

This story was an especially delicious delicacy for me to read; I got into the second chapter and realized that I had read it before... and to my discredit, I don't think I'd left you a comment before. There are so many wonderful elements to this story: the hotness of Celeborn and Haldir, and how very believable it is that Haldir wants to enjoy him and then how difficult it is to let him go, especially when Celeborn returns to rub salt in the wound of their separation. Beleg seems to have no unfortunate qualities, and I was rather swooning over him when becoming reacquainted with him during this second reading. The tattoo, and the detail surrounding it, was particularly appreciated. Even the young Elvish youth lounging gorgeously at the café seemed perfectly in his place in the story! This actually awakened in me my lurking romantic. Your writing, as always, was eloquent and yet not at all heavy-handed. Thank you for the enjoyable time spent in Tirion, both the first time I read it and today, during this second, dazzling visit.

Go to Will Overruled By Fate

Will Overruled By Fate

Lissa - 29 Aug 08 - 12:35 PM

Ch. 1: Prelude

Oshun,

you know I love this story, but I just have to tell you again!

Your Haldir is just right: kind and stubborn and dedicated and ... totally out of his depth in Valinor.

And Beleg! Great job on describing the consequences of their difference in age; cultures would have developed so much during those ages he were in Mandos' Halls. He seems so confident, but is he really?

It feels so right, to have those two wonderful people come together, that I wonder why no one thought of it before?

Go to Will Overruled By Fate

Will Overruled By Fate

oshun - 29 Aug 08 - 7:24 PM

Ch. 1: Prelude

Thank you so much for your kind comment, Lissa. I am so happy you enjoyed it. I wish I could take credit for the idea, but I can't. I suspect it hasn't been used excessively before because it is essentially an LOTR/Silmarillion crossover fic. It would take a reader with a love and appreciation of both canons to have dreamed it up. Thanks go to Kenaz for that.

Go to Will Overruled By Fate

Will Overruled By Fate

oshun - 20 Feb 09 - 5:55 PM

Ch. 1: Prelude

Thevina, thank you so much for your lovely review. I probably never would have written it had it not been in response to a prompt, since it is essentially an LotR/Silmarillion crossover piece and a large part of it concerns elves sailed to or reborn in Valinor (neither of which are things I would have thought of writing on my own steam). I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your comments since I adore your writing.

Go to Will Overruled By Fate